1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Loki

Hey, who is this cute little guy?

Loki080313 188x240 Loki

Meet Loki, who has just come to live with me.

Loki is a 2-year-old male lilac point Ragdoll. He is 10.65 pounds of purring kitty love.

He has only been with me a few days, but I think he has told me his entire life story. Once he got over his initial shyness, he talked nonstop.

His turn-ons include playing with catnip mice, being brushed with the Zoom Groom, and rolling over so he can get tummy rubs from Momma. His turn-offs include loud noises and being ignored.

He seems to be adjusting nicely to life chez WendyKnits, doesn’t he?

Loki080613 240x179 Loki

Like Maine Coon cats, Ragdolls develop slowly, not reaching maturity until they are about 4 years old. This little guy has paws the size of oven mitts so he has the potential to grow into a very big boy indeed.

Book Giveaway

Carole P. in Ohio is the winner of 7 Easy-To-Knit Handbags for Every Occasion by Jill Wright, the book I reviewed in my last blog entry. Carole, your book is on its way to you.

It is book season again: I am suddenly getting craft books to review after several months of nothing. So keep checking back for more chances to win my review copies!

Camp Loopy Three Project

In my last blog post I had a photo of a skein of MadelineTosh Pashmina in the “Stovepipe” colorway. That is my yarn for my third Camp Loopy project. Here it is in progress:

WIP080713 240x134 Loki

I’m afraid the color is washed out, and it doesn’t look like much at this point, does it? It will become the Pomme de Pin Cardigan.

Last night I knit on it with Loki smooshed in on one side of me and my working yarn on the other side. He completely ignored my knitting. I am happy to report!

Comments

1. Oh, Wendy, I am soo happy for you and Loki. He is stunningly beautiful. And the best part? He can ignore knitting… I am sure, though, it is only if you don’t ignore him!! haha.

2. He is adorable. I am glad you got another cat. I think he will be a good addition to your household.
    Hev´s last blog post ..Updates

3. Susan B. says:

Congratulations! And welcome to Loki! He is beautiful.

4. What a handsome young man. Is that another kitty near his foot in the second picture??
    ConnieB in Ohio´s last blog post ..MIA part 2: vacation

5. Congrats to Loki for finding such a wonderful family.
    Brenda´s last blog post ..Tour de France 2013

6. He’s so cute!!! Congrats on the handsome new kitty. I love ragdolls!
    Sheena´s last blog post ..Hermes

7. Danielle says:

What a Beautiful Boy you have there!!!

8. Donna Lewis says:

I’m very happy you and Loki have found each other.

9. zombie tomato says:

He’s beautiful! Thank you for rescuing him.

10. Isabelle says:

Congratulations and welcome!

11. Shirley Gallagher says:

What a beauty he is. I’m so happy for both of you. He’ll have a wonderful, happy home and you’ll have a wonderful companion again. Lucy would approve.

12. Cecilia David says:

He is very handsome. Loki looks like he has made himself very much at home. So happy you have a new fur friend. cd

13. He’s beautiful!!! I love a cat that lays flat out like that. I had one that did that in the yard. Used to crack me up. Enjoy!!! So happy for you.

14. Congratulations!
    sprite´s last blog post ..august is for finishing

15. Wendy, so happy for you. He’s beautiful, and since he ignores your knitting, well on his way to becoming the new supervisor who doesn’t micro manage.

16. Potential to grow? I thought ten pounds sounded big!
    He looks like he gives great cuddles.
    nursenikkiknits´s last blog post ..WIP Wednesday #103 – We Have Lift Off

17. congrats congrats! I have been thinking about you all week, wondering if a new furry friend had come to stay! Loki is very handsome! ( was gonna say CUTE..but thats not very manly!) Glad to hear he is unfazed by knitting…my cat loved my quilt frame! She always left an indentation to tell me she had enjoyed the hammock!
    Beth in AZ´s last blog post ..shes HOME!

18. It’s so nice to meet you, Loki!

19. Such a sweet boy and I’m so happy for both of you.

20. Loki didn’t live up to his name if he didn’t play with your yarn. This is a good thing. btw, he is gorgeous!
    kmkat´s last blog post ..Ten on Tuesday, the selfie edition.

21. He’s beautiful! What a lucky boy to have a wonderful Mom like you. May you have a splendid future together!
    Susan´s last blog post ..2011: A Fibery year

22. Congrats on Loki! He is adorable.

23. He’s very handsome and I love his name! Congratulations!

24. Lestersmama says:

Welcome Loki, the trickster…….can’t wait for stories of how he lives up to his name!

25. Welcome, Loki! I hope he’s not as much of a trouble-maker as his name implies, but no matter what, he’ll be fun. He’s adorable!
    –Deb´s last blog post ..Review: Stitching in the Stacks

26. Elaine F says:

Loki is a very cute kitty and he will have a very good home with you.

27. I love him! The dog of my heart’s name was Loki.
    Congratulations.

28. Congrats to you and Loki. I know he has found his Furever home. He is a beautiful boy.

29. Loki is a beautiful boy and is lucky to have found such a great home. Congrats.

30. Anne Marie B says:

Congrats on the new addition to your family! He’s a handsome little devil!

31. shirley40 says:

Hi Wendy: Congratulations on your new furry friend Loki he sure is a handsome guy. Yes, at 10.65 lbs he is a big boy. All the more to love and hug. I never heard of lilac point Ragdoll cats, so a searched google and they came up with all kinds of pictures and different type of lilac point Ragdoll cats. They are all very beautiful. I hope you and Loki will be very happy. I’m looking forward to more pictures and little things that he does to amuse us and you. Take care. shirley40

32. He’s adorable! Welcome, Loki!
    Kristen´s last blog post ..Barton Cottage Shrug

33. Oh, yes, of course, your camp loopy project is lovely but obviously, the real star is Loki! What a lucky and handsome guy! And that belly-up pose! He must have figured out that he is a blog co-host and such theatrical poses would be appropriate. I’m so happy for you both and can’t help but feel that Lucy tipped him off about ignoring your knitting…

34. He is absolutely handsome! I am so happy for you to have found such a good-looking boy so soon. I will be looking forward to all the great pictures to come!

35. What a lovely little cat!!! I am so happy for you…and while nobody will take Lucy’s place, life starts anew again….. I am delighted…welcome Loki!!!
    Maria´s last blog post ..In memory of my beloved Mother

36. Congratulations to both of you. Loki has a wonderful mama, and mama has a wonderful purr baby.

37. He is beautiful. I am so happy that you were able to find Loki. I’m sure Lucy will approve. After all her mommy does need looking after.

38. LaVelle Nott says:

Your new companion looks very cuddly. I hope he continues to be a good fit. I did not know that Maine Coon’s and Ragdolls took 4 years to mature. Makes me want one even more. So far I have mostly adopted stray cats or unwanted kittens, some day I will have a “purebred” rescue. Until then I have plenty of purry love at my house. Enjoy yours.
    LaVelle

39. Mary E Osborne says:

Darling kitty! Welcome to Wendys! We all look forward to hearing about you and your antics (and, of course, Wendy’s knit projects). What a doll! Luv.m.

40. I have a siamese boy named Loki too! And he’s a serious cuddle bug. Gotta be right on top of me at all times. Welcome to the blog to your Loki!!

41. So happy to see you have a new kitty;O)) He is beautiful and such a lucky kitty! I know you will both be happy!

The pashmina is knitting up nicely too!

42. Loki is certainly a handsome kitty and I know he will help fill your heart with kitty love. I’m very happy for you both.

43. Loki is a gorgeous guy and seems to be very happy (uh, relaxed!) in his new home. And not noticing knitting? Purrfect!

44. patricia says:

Hi Loki! I look forward to seeing lots of pictures of you! You’re a handsome boy!

45. Love Loki! I’m happy you found a great ragdoll. I love cats and was without one for too long, but now have my “cat soulmate.” Glad you found a good one.

46. OMG!! He is too precious for words. I hope you have many, many happy years together!
    I know Lucy (and Izzy) will always be in your heart.

PS – Love the sweater!! I’m knitting one also for project 3, but nothing so grand. Pashmina is wonderful!!

47. Carol Ann says:

Oh my-what a beautiful kitty! I can’t wait to follow his growth in your messages and photos:)
    Carol

48. Congratulations on your handsome kitty! He’s found a great home!

49. He’s gorgeous! So glad your new angel came home.
    Denise Vitola´s last blog post ..Quitting. Why It Works!

50. Wendy, I was looking the other way when you lost your Lucy. I’m so sorry and understand how deeply this must have hurt. As a lurker, but an appreciative one, I don’t often comment. But I felt I ‘knew’ Lucy and I’ll miss her too.

Loki seems like such a Godsend. Wishing you all the joy in the world together.

51. Hello, Loki
    so happy you’ve come to stay with your new momma

I do hope we’ll be seeing you often here on the blog

hugs

p.s. Wendy, congrats on your newest family member
    so happy he is yarn/knitting compatible :^)
    Gerry´s last blog post ..Mother

52. Such a beautiful boy your Loki is. I love boy kitties. They are (usually) so friendly and snuggly.

So sorry about Lucy. It’s so hard to lose your pet friends.

May you and Loki have many years together in good health!

53. Like you I can’t be without a pet in the house. So I am delighted to see Loki and to know that you rescue. Where do you find your Ragdolls?

54. linda-kaye says:

Loki is adorable. This will be fun, watching him mature. I’m sure that Lucy approves.

55. Carole N. says:

Awww! Congrats on your new little man! He is so adorable! So nice to have a dear one to spend time with! There was a picture on Ravelry at the pattern site, second one down, done in the grey. The model wore a white top under the grey cardigan and jeans and I think it looks stunning! I bet you can dress this one up since it is lace and dress this down and wear with jeans. I like the grey – it is a neutral and will be a staple in your wardrobe! :)

56. That’s a handsome cat. I hope he knows how lucky he got. Living at chez wendyknits is hitting the jackpot for a cat. If I ever get another male kitty (the two now are the limit). I’m planing to name him raylan.

57. Welcome, Loki! You couldn’t have found a better mama!!! You’ll have plenty of attention and belly rubbing.
    I have a Birman (looks like a Ragdoll, age 15) and a male Maine Coon, age 14. My Maine Coon is about 15 lb. Loki will probably be at least 15 lbs. My Maine Coon used to be 17 lbs but has lost a little bit of weight in the past few years and needed an operation last year, but he’s back to his own self now.
    Wendy, I’m so happy for your new addition and know Loki will give you lots of hours of enjoyment, not to mention companionship! Cats of every description are the best!

58. Loki looks sososososo happy! He’s a lot more like Portia than Lucy was – big ball of love, emphasis on “big.” Portia’s paw fills my palm and she weighs 14 lbs at 10 years old. I’m so glad you found Loki quickly.

59. Beautiful boy I so would love to have a rag doll kitty. They are just so pretty. Have fun with your new boy.

60. Carol77584 says:

So happy for you. He is a beauty. Nothing like kitty love. Looking forward to watching him mature.

61. Loki is adorable and so handsome! Love the new Camp Loopy project too! Cardigans are always so useful and handy to have around.

62. Look what Mr. Stork delivered. Felicitations.

63. Welcome Loki!

64. Loki looks like a wonderful addition to Chez WendyKnits! Lucky Loki for finding such a good home. Lucky Wendy for finding a kitty that will ignore knitting! Wishing you both the best!

65. dorothy in kentucky says:

Lucy was such a tiny petit girl. Loki will be huge in time. Lucy would approve. He is gorgeous and obviously knows he has found his nirvana.

66. dorothy in kentucky says:

I do not ever remember reading this, was Lucy a talker too. I know he is a rescue as Lucy but being the same age as Lucy was when she came live with you makes me wonder why at that age do people decide basically to throwbaway these beautiful cats that are so loving. I am so happy Loki and you found each other.

67. Well, isn’t Loki a cutie??? I do hope he doesn’t live up to his name too much.

68. Loki is such a handsome not-so-little boy! I am so glad he has you for his Momma.

69. Welcome, Loki! He’s a beautiful cat!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Winding more efficiently

70. I hope Loki knows he’s a working kitty! Guarding the stash when you are gone, lending a helping paw in blocking shawls, and keeping all the kitty beds furry. What a lucky guy!

71. Catherine S. says:

Poor Loki: not getting any love at all! ;) Pale gray has always been a good color for you, Wendy!
    Congratulations, Loki. You have really fallen into the clover. xo

72. Bluetoespinner says:

Loki is sooo dang cute. Mazel Tov!!

73. Aww Loki is adorable and looks very happy. I had to laugh about your night knitting with him because my maine coon kitty used to do the same. He passed away one year ago August and now our new baby that came to live with us this summer is settling into his role. Those are my favorite knitting nights that bring up fond memories and form new ones :)
    Rachel´s last blog post ..Episode 40 – I’m a Designer & Cameo

74. Beautiful!!!!

75. Hi Wendy,
    While I know that no cat can replace your beloved Lucy, I’m so glad that you now have Loki. What a gorgeous cat! I wish you many years of love and companionship.

76. Loki is beautiful. I am so glad you invited another feline into your home right away. Lucy would most definitely approve.

77. Loki appears to be totally settled in. The second picture in the post completely cracked me up. Our current kitty, also male, presents the same pose. Good heavens, our boy cats, before our run of girl cats, never did anything so, so, so, brazen?

Current Korat male (Ash, named by daughter, whose cat he is supposed to be, after the boy in the Pokemon stories) weighs 13 pounds, and dwarfs our memories of his Korat predecessor, Keiki, girl cat who didn’t weigh more than 6 pounds for most of her life. He’s a real shock to our systems after her. But he is a sweetheart, but not at all what anyone would call dainty. He’s a horse.

78. Welcome Loki! Maggie, my 11 week old tabby kitten says: Hi, Let’s play! She’s a fiber cat, too, I am also so happy to report. We need our knittin’ kitties.

79. Pam Gardner says:

He is beautiful!

80. Welcome Loki, what a handsome guy! He obviously is going to be great infront of the camera…Congratulations on the family member!

81. A very handsome kitty!

82. Loki is lovely. I didn’t know that Ragdolls were like Maine Coons. A Maine Coon came to live with me many years ago. He weighed 28 pounds. He was a rescue tom and no one knew his history. It was a very tough road, but I loved him dearly. The best thing was that the Avon lady never called again after he mounted her arm. :)

83. Kathy in Alaska says:

Welcome, Loki! Congratulation, Lucy, on your new addition! He’s a looker! Much love to you both.

84. Lynne in Florida says:

My word, you’re a handsome boy, Loki! Welcome to the blog! You take good care of Wendy for us, you hear? She needs your help to make all her beautiful yarn projects. The sweater she’s working on now (which is, BTW, beautiful, Wendy) will be a good starter project for you. The blocking on it will be pretty simple and straightforward. You’re going to be learning a whole lot about things yarny. You’re also going to have a wonderful life!

85. GeniaKnitz says:

I am IN LOVE with your new friend Loki! What an incredibly beautiful cat.
    And he doesn’t mess with your knitting? He sounds absolutely perfect.
    I wish you both many years of joy.

86. Good luck with the new kitty.

87. Waving wildly to Loki! What a sweetheart you are! Keep Wendy smiling with your mischief and gorgeousness!

88. Mary Tole says:

Welcome Loki! I’m so very happy for you Wendy and I know Lucy is looking down and is happy too that you have someone to share the love with. I also feel like I got a new pet, strange I know but it makes me feel so good to hear you chat about Loki. He is one lucky guy.

89. Wendy, I’m so sorry to hear about Lucy! I haven’t been keeping up lately so I just read that now. She was one of a kind and your blogging about her actually inspired me to adopt a few more rescue animals of my own (full house now!)

Loki looks beautiful – and a handful! Congratulations – Lucy would approve.

90. Congratulations on being found by Loki – you are both very fortunate! He’s just beautiful. I’m so happy you have a new kitty!

91. Very happy for you!

92. Yeah! You are going to love your ragdoll. We had a 16 pound boy named Has-A-Nose. He was Loud, talkative, cuddle bunny, and awesome. He lived to be 19 1/2 years old. Rag dolls literally flop like a rag when you pick them up.
    I am sooooo happy for you both.
    Lisa :)
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Loki

93. Elaine in NYC says:

What a beautiful little fella! I love it that he’s not bothering your yarn.

94. Wendy TC says:

Aww! Loki has already fallen in love with you! I know he’ll soften the grief you have for Lucy.

95. Lorraine says:

Hello Loki :-) You really are a cutie! You have a *huge* extended family here too, and we are so pleased that you and Wendy have found each other. – Extra hugs for ignoring Momma’s knitting.

Looking forward to seeing the finished cardigan Wendy. Lesley from “The Knitgirllls” made one a while back, and it’s so pretty. I love the “Stovepipe” colourway!

x <—- for Wendy x <—- for Loki

96. Pamela Beeching says:

Loki is a gorgeously handsome fellow who has definitely fallen on his paws by coming to live with you but beware complacency on the ‘doesn’t touch my yarn’ front. He’s got a look in his eyes which means he might adopt the stealth method of attacking yarn. One second you will be knitting happily and the next second your fingers will encounter a soggy end of yarn where he has reached over very softy and secretly, bitten it in half and stolen the remainder of the ball which will be found underneath him serving as a cushion to pad out a teensie gap in his comfort spot. It will be useless to remonstrate with him as you didn’t actually nail the yarn to the sofa so technically it’s your fault. I suspect this because Witchie-Poo (never let a child name your cat) perfected the technique over many years and had a similar air of complete innocence. But then again, I might be wrong! Happy and long friendship to you both :)

97. nancy guimaraes says:

I’m so happy for you!! It´s a lucky cat!!

98. Ruth Porter says:

Congratulations on Loki’s adoption! He’s a lucky kitty in a loving home.

99. Roseanne says:

Welcome Loki! I am happy for you and know that Loki is bringing a smile to your face.

100. hooray for Loki & Wendy! May they live long and prosper! So happy for you. The new piece looks lovely. I like the color a lot, wonder if it is accurate. Best wishes to you both!