1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Shutdown

We are on Day Two of the government shutdown.

Yesterday I had to go in to the office to perform my “orderly shutdown” of business, but today I have been home, unpaid, all day.

I kept busy, though — I write up my pattern for my poncho, which I finished on Monday.

Poncho 156x240 Shutdown

A shot of the shoulder strap:

PonchoShoulder 240x160 Shutdown

And the whole poncho laid flat:

PonchoFlat 240x128 Shutdown

In “celebration” of the government shutdown and because I’d like to be bringing in a little cash, I have marked down all my patterns in my Ravelry store 50% off for the duration of the shutdown. You don’t need a coupon — just add a pattern to your cart and the discount will be reflected there.

And this new poncho pattern is there as well — 50% off, so you can get it for $2.50.

Loki sez:

DayTwo 240x135 Shutdown

“Buy my Momma’s patterns — she needs to keep buying me the good catnip!”

Comments

1. So what exactly is the “good catnip”? And where can it be found?

2. Thank you for the price cut. I finally got some patterns I had been meaning to get along with this new one. Figured I would get them now. Thank you again.

3. jealous of the furlough status – I still have to go to work, pay or not. Hope you get lots of knitting done!! And extra time with Loki – gotta be a bonus!!

4. I am sorry for the reason – you out of work – but I am SO going to take advantage of it and buy some more of your wonderful patterns!!

5. Thank you for the wonderful gift in my email today, Pop On and Celtic Princess are now in my Library, love them both, so enjoyed watching them come to reality in your wonderful emails every day! Now if only I could knit as fast as you do and have them to wear in the up coming first big Winter blow heading through Nebraska and maybe make it all the way to Iowa! :-)

I hope this political mish mash goof ball upon nerd ball stuff doesn’t put you in harms way,

6. Lovely….let’s hope everyone works together for your sake, for our sake…stuff happens, let’s get on with it already.

7. Amy Schulze says:

I hope you get back to work soon. Until then, thanks for the bonus and enjoy the extra knitting time.

8. If Loki runs out of catnip, you tell him to call me! We know how to spoil cats around here. Thank you for the sale! Gave me a chance to buy all those shawl patterns that I’ve been meaning to. AND that gorgeous poncho!

9. Sorry for the shutdown. But at least we get to purchase your pretty designs.

10. I hope your “furlough” status ends very soon. It hurts so many people. Best two advantage for you are you get lots of knitting done and Loki has more loves & pets!

11. Midnite Baker says:

Am sad for you on the gov’t shutdown. Am hoping the mess gets fixed soon. Well, I certainly didn’t expect a sale on your patterns, but my checkbook says “Thank you” for saving my balance. Purchased the poncho, of course, and the Gothic Spires Scarf/Stole. Could not get my fingers & yarn to work on the summer mystery shawl, so am hoping the scarf pattern will work for my yarn. Give Loki a love pet from me. Sparky was so excited reaching for a piece of cheese, that she fell off the foot stool & hurt her left shoulder. Gimpy, oh, I mean Sparky, is sitting here while I’m typing this. Just doesn’t work so well. Take Care and hope you get back to work soon. Loki needs food!! M

12. I am so excited. I purchased the pattern now on to picking out the yarn.
    Thank you so much.

13. The poncho is beautiful! I was really struggling trying to figure out what it would look like when you were done.

14. Best of luck to you, I hope the shut down does not last too long.
    It was a nice treat to purchase patterns at a discount, thanks much!

15. Slevine13 says:

Sorry to hear about the shut-down. I worked for the USDA in MD for years so I know exactly what you are going through! UGH! Thank you for the generous mark-downs! They are fabulous.

16. The best thing about the shut down is the extra knitting time and extra kitty time. Thanks for the discount – I’ll be buying this weekend :).

17. hee hee! I love the government shutdown. Dangerous part is that everyone offwork is tagged as non-essential and now everyone wants us out of work permanently. But that’s fine with me, more knitting time!

18. this govt nonsense always hurts the WRONG people. But I was excited to get your Super Slouch hat pattern half off. I seem to going through a hat phase right now

19. I am sorry you have to go through this. But, as many people said think of the all the time you will get to spend with Loki! :)

20. I’m a fellow furloughed fed. Pulled weeds out of the driveway today. I’ve got quite a list of household chores, but am making sure there is time for knitting. i think the cat likes having me around- she gets to go out in the courtyard during the day.

Thanks for the furlough discount- I’ll splurge a little and contribute to the catnip fund. The poncho looks great- that one may make the list!

cheers….

21. When I heard that the gov shut down, I immediately thought “Uh-oh, what’s Wendy going to do?” And now I know–stay home with Loki and write up a wonderful pattern for us to buy!

22. Heidi (LunaKitty) says:

I love the neckline on the poncho! I’ll bet Loki is happy to have you home.

23. Carol77584 says:

Tell Lokie he does not have to worry. He will always have treats. Thank you for the discount. There are several patterns I will add to my collection.

24. Threeorcas says:

Thank you so much for the beautiful poncho pattern – am so excited to make it. Hope you aren’t off work long, but I’ll bet Loki loves it! Thanks again! Peace and happy knitting.

25. Sorry you’re on shutdown, too. My husband was for two days, then got called back to work today (unpaid right now, of course), but will get furloughed again tomorrow because he’s had a minor surgery scheduled for ages so he has to be re-furloughed in order to keep his health insurance active — on furlough, there’s no official leave status, not even leave without pay, so it was either re-furlough or be put as AWOL, which would mean he’d lose the insurance coverage! Gotta love the government. We assume they’ll let him work again next week; even him working unpaid is better than him being home bored out of his skull!

I really hope this ends soon; I’m having major back surgery myself in three weeks so am not able to do much work right now, so it’s pretty frustrating. I wish I could afford to buy your patterns, even half off, but at least you have my sympathy! I’m glad you’re enjoying the extra knitting time and time with Loki, of course; after all, what’s important? :)

26. I wondered, “How many Wendy patterns are in my queue?” Well, there are lots, so I bought four! I hadn’t realized until this week just how many people I know who work for the Fed – I wish I could figure out a way to help them all, just a little – but none of the rest moonlight as knitting designers! I sure hope this is over soon….
    janna´s last blog post ..Blogger Fail

27. Stupid shutdown! I have good friend who is furloughed from that without pay. Your poncho is beautiful I must say, though. :)
    Jenn Dixon´s last blog post ..Eight Years Ago Today

28. Thanks Wendy. I’m on shutdown too…a stateside Senate office. I am going to shop. I need to knit. I had to euthanize my calico kitty on Sunday.
    Kim B´s last blog post ..Lily — April 2, 1999 to September 29, 2013

29. Sorry about the furlough! I am a retired fed and we went through this numerous Octobers. Hopefully the politicians will do their job and get you back to work so that you and Loki can put food (or catnip) on the table soon.

30. UGH. So sorry The Stupid going on in the capital is hitting you, too. We have a couple friends on furlough right now too – it’s exactly ZERO fun. :(

Thanks for the special on the patterns…I’ve now got enough to keep me knitting for ANOTHER thirty years at least. (I’m…just a TOUCH slower than you are, dearest Wendy…juuuuust a TOUCH slower…) (“…been workin’ on this here washcloth for FIVE YEARS, and y’all can see how I’m alllllmost to the final border rows!”)
    MotherChaos´s last blog post ..How superstitions are born

31. Aww, what a nice deal. Bet Loki’s happy to have you home so much.

32. Thank you so much for the discount. That was so generous of you. Here’s hoping you sell lots and lots of patterns to those of us who procrastinated or could not make decisions.
    Loki will certainly enjoy your company. We know there’s no shortage of catnip and toys at your house.
    You are so organized, i’d bet you have stealth projects and designing planned for this time, “just in case.” However, I am hoping the mess and ego stroking are soon over so that this situation can be settled.