It’s been dark and rainy for the past few days, actually. Perfect weather for a lot of knitting progress!
I have the body of my Agata done — all that remains are the sleeves.
As I mentioned, I knitted the wide ribbed front band/collar onto the body as an applied edging — knitting the last stitch of every other row together with one stitch from the body. To add a little bit of interest, I did a little stitch-wrap thingie at the juncture of band/body as I worked back across to the outside edge on alternate rows:
I think it adds a little something!
The bottom edge of the garment is a combination of grater stitch panels and stockinette worked sideways. The sideways stockinette, of course, was rolling a bit, so I put a little edging along the bottom of the stockinette sections.
It was just a matter of picking up and knitting stitches and binding them off in the same row. It gives the bottom edge some stability and makes a neat finish.
I am making this cardigan quite oversized so I can use it as a winter jacket. I tried it on and love it — it is going to be a perfect chilly weather topper!
I made 4 buttonholes (instead of the called-for three) so I need to sew the buttons on, and then on to the sleeves.
But first, there is someone here who is ready to play!