1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

The End is Nigh

I am so very close to completing my Celtic Cable Cape! I completed work on the body of it on Monday, and knit the collar.

Collar111313 240x160 The End is Nigh

Last night I picked up stitches for the buttonhole band and started work on that.

Band111313 240x160 The End is Nigh

So all that remains is to finish the buttonhole band and work the button band. Then it is done, done, done. I feel as thought this has taken me forever to knit, but I note that I only started it on October 16, so it’s been less than a month.

It’s just been difficult to knit a lot of the time, since Loki has required a lot of lap time during the knitting of it, and along with that lap time has required that my knitting be nowhere near him. I have noticed over the past few days that he seems to be getting a bit more open-minded about the knitting occupying space next to him.

But just when I think Loki is calming down, he has a crazy spell. Last night was one of those. There was an extended “Thunder Kitty” session, after which he dashed into the bedroom and executed an amazing leap: he soared up and over the bed in a long jump about 5 feet in length. I was duly impressed. He was, not surprisingly, a little tired after that, and settled down for a nap.

Loki111313 240x179 The End is Nigh

Blog Contest Winner

The winner of my review copy of Crochet At Play by Kat Goldin is Kate Mc. Kate has been emailed. Thanks to everyone who left a comment!

Just for Fun

A video of Tank Boy playing with his favorite toy. I apologize for the poor quality and vertical orientation: I find it easier to hold the iPad vertically in one hand when I’m holding the end of the toy in the other hand.

Comments

1. It’s so beautiful!!

2. Chris Reeske says:

Loki is lovely even if thunder cat is just under the skin and I love the cape.

3. That cape is beautiful!!! What takes you a month would take me a year. lol

4. Impressive leap and catch — Loki has great paw/eye coordination.
    Want to make the cape!

5. Your cape is gorgeous! Love it and the collar you just finished is perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Loki is amazing taking that leap to the bed; he looks like he is resting well. Why not, it is mom’s bed!

6. Midnite Baker says:

Like the coat. Like the video too. Pets are amazing creatures. Back in the 70′s, had a sister pair of Siamese. Of course, they played together and tortured each other too.
    But, their one amazing accomplishment was jumping to the top of the 6 foot high bedroom chest on chest from a sitting position. Those back legs can make a cat look its flying. The spring they have is amazing. Ear rub for Loki from me. M

7. Shirley Gallagher says:

Love the cape. You’re almost finished as far as I can tell. Loki is gorgeous, his video shows what a little acrobat he is.

8. Wow what a beautiful cape. I loved the video; Loki is so cute.

9. I’ve about decided to skip cardigans & go straight to capes, ‘coz that one’s super. The cooler weather has got my two fur people all rowdy; we hear growling & hissing & thumping all over the house every night. Neither is young: the Freight Train of Doom is 12.5 and her favorite “toy” is just a year younger. At least now, he’s too big for her to pin to the floor & wash his face; he used to scream like he was being murdered when she did that.
    CeltChick´s last blog post ..Dashed off

10. The cape is spectacular. Will it be a pattern? Will ordinary mortals be able to replicate it?

11. Heidi (LunaKitty) says:

It’s a bird!!! It’s a plane!!! It’s LOKI KITTY!!!!!! :)

12. Your cape is beautiful! I love the cables. My Samson has “mad cat” fits in the evening between 7-8 in which he’s been known to pounce on the sleeping dog and run off just to get the dog to chase him. It’s really entertaining. He also knows when bed time is and when I am up past my usual bedtime he stalks me and will wander all around me trying to tell me it’s bed time. We have a nightly ritual when I lay down on my side, facing away from hubby and he will come up and sit beside me for his nightly petting session before he lays at my feet to sleep. It annoys him when I am not on time.

13. Alice in Richmond says:

Oh. My. God. So romantic. Both the cape and Loki.

14. Beautiful cape! We have a little version of Thunder Cat – Briar weighs 7 lbs, but it doesn’t sound like that when she does her morning tearing through the house at her top speeds. We just watch and laugh. After about 15 minutes, she’s ready for a morning nap.

15. Catherine S. says:

Fluffy baby boy is quite the athlete.
    P.S. Nice cape. :)