1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

Q and A Day

Thanks for all your kind words about my cape! I am working on finalizing the pattern and will let you know when it is available

There were a number of questions in my last blog post, so I will attempt to answer them here.

A couple of you asked about sleeves — the cape does not have sleeves. One question was about lengthening the sleeves. As I said, no sleeves, but the pattern will have notes on adding/subtracting length to/from the cape.

Mickey asked if I was going to do a matching hat. I had no plans to do so, but that is not a bad idea! Hmmmmmm . . .

Hitofude

A question about Hitofude — Jamie asked how long it is.

I took a look at the schematic and it looks like the back length ranges from 18.75 to 22″ for XS to XXL. This design would be very easy to add length to, however. I bought an extra skein of yarn for mine because I plan to do so.

I’ve made a little progress on my Hitofude, but still have a way to go on the top/sleeve piece. It is an easy knit — the lace pattern is easy to memorize so it is pleasant mindless knitting. The yarn is a pleasure to work with too.

WIP1112013 240x181 Q and A Day

Loki Questions

Dorothy in Kentucky asked if Loki gets mats in his coat. I am happy to report that he does not. He has that soft Ragdoll “bunny fur” that does not mat. I brush him once or twice a week and that’s it.

Leslie asked what I feed Loki. Loki eats Life’s Abundance food — that is what he ate before I adopted him, so I’ve continued him on it and he seems perfectly happy with it.

MichelleinMaine thinks we need before and after pix of Loki for floof comparison.

Here is Loki one day after he came to live with me:

Loki080313 188x240 Q and A Day

And here is a recent photo of His Royal Floofiness!

Loki111713a 169x240 Q and A Day

He is not fat, he’s floofy! icon smile Q and A Day Take a look at this photo — you can see that he has developed his “mane” in the few months since that first photo was taken.

Loki112013 221x240 Q and A Day

He has recently discovered the joys of sitting in my lap, but there is a lot of Loki overhang when he gets in my lap. So I am required to hold on to him with both hands. Otherwise, he slowly slides out of my lap like unbaked bread dough being turned out of a bowl. He did this the other day, executing a slow-motion somersault as he slid down onto the couch, landing upside down in a pile of purring floofy kitty happiness, never once opening his eyes.

It must be nice to be that relaxed.

Another gratuitous photo:

Loki112013c 185x240 Q and A Day

And another:

Loki112013d 240x206 Q and A Day

Comments

1. Heidi (LunaKitty) says:

Loki is so gorgeous! And he’s twice the man he used to be before he came to live with you! LOL!

2. I like the before and after pictures. He looks so much happier now. Congratulations to you all.
    sprite´s last blog post ..yarning along: mid-november

3. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. The sleeve length question was about Hitofude. They are 3/4 in the pattern.
    p.s. Any idea how to pronouce Hitofude?

4. Loki is beautifully floofy!

5. Mr. Floofy is gorgeous. Or should I say Handsome.

6. Loony Nuna says:

Regarding Hitofude, I’m planning on making it but I don’t quite understand the “D” back measurement in the schematic. It is labeled ‘Back Neck’ but doesn’t really seem to be that, nor does it seem to be the full back to the underarm on each side, but I can’t figure out what it really relates to. Was it a measurement you were concerned about? How did you deal with it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really should be asking the designer, but you opened that can of worms. ;-)

7. cecilia david says:

Loki’s mane is quite long. He is gorgeous. The cape is very beautiful.. What size needle did you use?
    cecilia

8. Dorothy in Kentucky says:

Thank you so much for answering my question. Loki has a very boyish face. He is a beautiful kitty. Lucy was so petite and sweet girly face. But the both have such similar personalities. I am supposing it is the breed. I imagine his mane will become more pronounced. Do you think all this floofiness is his winter coat? Thank you for sharing your knitting and your kitties with us.

9. Thank you for sharing the before and after pics of Loki. I have to admit when he first arrived I thought he was a bit scary. But you kindly explained that he would fill out and get fluffy. And NOW I LOVE the pics and he is more fluffy.

10. Love the before/after pics.

For those wanting pronunciation help, “hitofude” is Japanese.

Pronounce: HE – toe – FU – day with more emphasis on the 1st and 3rd syllables and you’ll be pretty close.

11. GeniaKnitz says:

His Highness Prince Loki has an extravagantly beautiful ruff. My much smaller little white male
    (not a rag doll) also has a very full ruff this year. Can’t help wondering if this portends a harsh winter, although for our indoor-only cats it hardly seems necessary.

12. Your description of trying to keep a cat on your lap, or more to the point, what happens when you don’t had me laughing! Bread dough is a purrfect description! Thanks!

13. Shirley Gallagher says:

Love the pics of Loki. He’s truly magnificent.

14. Oh yes, Loki is well on his way to maximum floofiness! Such a gorgeous boy :)
    MicheleinMaine´s last blog post ..Tiny Seeds in Pink Project Bag by ThreeBagsFullStudio

15. Certainly a handsome and very happy fellow. Happy to heard you finished the cape. Its a beautiful .Matching hat a plus for us.!

16. Loki is adorable and floofy! I love seeing pictures of him (and of your knitting, of course).

17. again… a poor cat!
    hihi i have a maine coon and now it’s also fluffly.. it’s great!

18. LaVelle Nott says:

Loki really is a beautiful cat, I wish I could find one like him or of his bread. They are expensive though. He just looks like he would be so soft and warm. What a great find for you.

19. I’m so glad you have Loki! We all miss Lucy very much, but it’s great that Loki is there for you to provide love and entertaining stories!

20. I love the Loki pics. He is such a great looking cat, with just a twinkle of rascal in his eyes.

21. So much beauty in one post! Loki is simply magnificent! As always, your knitting inspires me to grow!

22. Loki is beautiful! He’s grown too and looks soooo soft. We have a calico, Abby, who flows across your lap when she blesses you with her presence. She’s my big girl.

23. As PatV said, so much beauty in one post. Thank you for this.

24. I love the cape and your cardigan but Loki is stealing the cake!! He is gorgeous!!

25. Are you buying more white clothes, so that the fur matches better? (He’s so magnificent!)
    Erika´s last blog post ..Broken Wings, HA HA I FOUND IT

26. Barbara Runcie says:

Love the cape. I think I’ll try my hand on it. And would love a hat to go with it. Loki has really changed since you adopted him. He’s filled out and acquired quite the floofieness

27. What a beautiful kitty and lovely knitting