1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Nordic Cowl Complete

We had a snowstorm on Monday, so I was able to finish my Nordic Cowl with my extra time at home.

NordicCowlD 240x200 Nordic Cowl Complete

As I mentioned, I made it reversible and reversed the colors:

NordicCowlC 240x200 Nordic Cowl Complete

This was knit from 2 skeins of Sun Valley Fibers 75/15/10 Merino Cashmere Silk Fingering, in the “Blueberry Crumble” and “Waterfalls” colorways. This is seriously wonderful yarn: so soft and warm and such beautiful colorways!

NordicCowlE 240x113 Nordic Cowl Complete

I started with a provisional cast-on, knit one side, then worked a purl “turning” round, then knit the other side reversing the colors, and attached the starting stitches to the ending stitches with a three-needle bind-off.

NordicCowlF 240x119 Nordic Cowl Complete

I am finalizing the pattern now. My long-suffering colleague consented to model this cowl for the pattern. This is his Blue Steel:

Lemiel030514 235x240 Nordic Cowl Complete

This is Loki’s Blue Steel:

Loki030514 240x234 Nordic Cowl Complete

Comments

1. Love his Loki’ness!
    Samantha´s last blog post ..Looking for rainbows.

2. When I die, I wanna come back as one of your cats.

3. Jeri W. says:

That has to be the most beautiful cowl I’ve seen! I would say the same about Loki, but my cat wouldn’t talk to me if I did.

4. Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous!
    Jeannie´s last blog post ..Sibling Rivalry

5. Very nice. And oh that cat!!

6. It is beautiful!!!!!

7. Hooooooray for SVF! I love Jeanette and her husband, George :) Such fabulous, nice people! I will admit that I have quite a bit of SVF yarn in my stash…lovely, fabulous yarn!
    Renee Anne´s last blog post ..Y3: Self-Imposed Year of Projects – Update #9

8. catspaw says:

Ok, this is going to be everyone’s Christmas present next year.

9. Beautiful cowl! And gorgeous Loki!

10. Lovely… and Loki too!

11. I need this cowl!!!

12. Absolutely beautiful!

MeOWL! Need COWL!

And paw floof!

Blue Steel is also the name for the steel drums band at our high school.

13. This is the very first cowl that has tempted me!! I’m presuming the pattern is/will be published, so I can make it up in red & black for my daughter who just committed to her college (colors are red & black). BTW, Loki is a totally yummy kitty!

14. Carole N. says:

Oh Wendy everything you have shared with us on the blog that you knit is so exquisite! I am in such awe of your talent! And, that face Loki has is so kissable… I am sure he is thrilled you are his Mama!

15. Very nice, both of them. I am partial to the darker…

16. Deborah Keep says:

I am so looking forward to the pattern sadly I cant get your original yarn :( as I live in the UK but will try my best to match the colour scheme as it is truly wonderful……………….

17. Laurie Heeren says:

WOW beautiful; I love the colors. Loki looks like he is holding the sheet of paper, is he picking his favorite TV channel?

18. Your work, without exception is always on target and stunning. I wish I had your output!

19. Marietta says:

I’ve never been a big fan of cowls (too much stuff around the neck), but this one is a roaring beauty!! I’m so glad you have “the mind” to create such amazing pattern, and then share them with us. Knit On . . .

20. It is interesting how subtle the difference is between the reverse colors. I really like how it looks like Delft.

Molly : )
    deepbluerenegade´s last blog post ..Episode 32: Doubtful but Hopeful

21. The cowl is just stunning! Can’t wait for the pattern to come out-it’s next years Christmas gifts for sure.

22. Hadn’t thought to try a reversable cowl and put way too much time into a very long tube scarf that I fastened top and bottom. This is such a great idea and a lot less work. Just lovely!

23. Savannagal says:

Wow, that turned out great. I too love Sun Valley yarn and have used it for several years. The owners are wonderful people and they make such lovely yarn.

24. Very pretty.

25. Oh Loki – so sweet! Love the cowl!
    Lizy Tish´s last blog post ..Observations From A Theater

26. That is LOVELY. Could be double-knit as well. My kitties send Loki love.
    amy´s last blog post ..[crochet] Shamrocks

27. Patricia says:

Your work as always is perfect! Beautiful colors!

28. Julie Beaver says:

wow you knit fast! I’m glad you have Loki, beautiful kitty!

29. That’s gorgeous! I want to knit that!