1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

No Fooling

Here is my new work in progress:

WIP043014 240x135 No Fooling

This is Foolproof, a design by Louise Zass-Bangham. It’s a garter-stitch cowl with a very clever and fun construction. From the pattern description:

How about a cowl with no casting on & no binding off?

It’s made in rows but ends up all in one piece.

There’s no knitting in the round, no sewing, no grafting, no provisional cast-on, no picking up stitches. Promise.

You can make it to your own custom size, in your own choice of yarn without having to make a tension square. No kidding.

Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? I can assure you: it is fun!

I am making mine from Three Irish Girls Kells Sport, in the “Illusion” and “Mary Bailey” colorways, using a U.S. size 5 needle. My cowl is around 11″ wide and when complete will be around 60″ in circumference.

This pattern is highly adjustable. When I finish this, I am tempted to immediately cast on again with different yarn and do another one in a different strip pattern. This one is going to be a gift, so I can easily talk myself into knitting another one, this time for me.

Loki

On Monday when I got home from work I found that my cleaning lady had left me a note. When she arrived at my home earlier that day she discovered the television in my bedroom was on and Loki was lying on my bed on his back, with his head on my pillow, watching daytime television.

Clearly he was not listening when I warned him that too much daytime television would rot his brain.

Loki043014 240x240 No Fooling

Comments

1. Nice cowl….Great cat!

2. That beautiful cat? I can’t imagine him doing that!

3. patricia says:

I’m intrigued by the cowl; may have to get that one.

That is so funny about Loki! Great image, and a good story to end the work day!

4. You need to task KOARC with finding one Loki cannot operate.

5. I enjoy reading your knitting stories, but let’s be honest…it’s all about Loki :-)

6. Anxiously waiting the results…!

7. Martina Norelli says:

That is seriously hilarious. I had a cat who would nap on my bed, or rather in it. He’d pull back the bedspread, crawl under the sheets and put his head on my pillow. No access to tv, however, so he just got lots of rest.!
    I really like Louise’s patterns. Finishing one up now and will be checking out the cowl for sure. Thanks!

8. Jacinta says:

That’s hysterical, you’ve got one clever cat there;-) The knitting is clever too of course!

9. Funny – I’d already bought that pattern, but I think I’ll have to move it up the list.

Our kitty will crawl under the covers and in between our pillows to nap, but he doesn’t turn the TV on.

I’ve wanted lever-style door handles in our house, but blanched at the cost of replacing them all. Ash will jump at doorknobs though, and he weighs enough to pull on a lever handle, so I guess that idea is out the window – or maybe out the door.

10. Enjoy your knitting and Loki information! Just informed Luna (looks like the yin to Loki’s yang) of Loki’s television watching and Luna immediately produced a hairball. I think that was an indication of feline connection :) Oh, and I will be purchasing the knitting pattern as well. Looks like a good project for those t.v. moments. Thanks for sharing!

11. Watch out, Loki, or your Momma will put a security code on the tv!
    MicheleinMaine´s last blog post ..Carrot Dance in Pink Knitting Valet by ThreeBagsFullStudio

12. The Loki story made me laugh out loud! He’s obviously a very smart cat…

13. Alice in Richmond says:

Maury: “The results are in! You are NOT the father!”

LOL Loki! He can join Caroline and me anytime.

14. catspaw says:

I often wonder what my critters get up to when we’re out of the house. Never found the TV on but they may just be clever. So what is Loki’s favorite program?

15. Interesting cowl. Did Loki manage to find Animal Planet? Too funny.

16. I had to purchase Foolproof. I was intriqued. :)
    Loki looks soooo innocent. LOL

17. Heidi (LunaKitty) says:

Hahahaha!!!!! Oh Loki, you are one smart kitty! Wendy, you might need to hide your car keys at night!

18. Carol Lee says:

Wendy, thanks for sharing the Loki story. DH and I both had a real belly laugh. Both if our cats love TV’s Animal Planet. No TV in the bedroom but they love to watch up close from the floor. No idea why.

19. Your cowl is beautiful. Loved the Loki story; he is one talented cat!

20. Are you going to do a mystery shawl KAL this summer? Hoping you do. :)

21. Interesting cowl. Super Great Cat! Let him enjoy himself.

22. Neat pattern. That Loki – what will he be up to next?!?!?

23. Midnite Baker says:

Hope Loki’s brain is intact….. Like the colors and scarf pattern. Sparky gets to rule the house all by herself next week… We are on a weeks vacation. Take Care, M & Sparky

24. I have seen this pattern but had no idea what it meant! Dying to try it…. It’s in my enormous must-knit-now queue….
    Lizy Tish´s last blog post ..Peep Fest