1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Another Foolproof Cowl

I finished my second Foolproof Cowl the other day.

Cowl051414 144x240 Another Foolproof Cowl

I sent it through the washer and dryer and it came out beautifully soft and perfectly blocked.

Cowl051414a 240x204 Another Foolproof Cowl

This was knit from 2 skeins of Wollmeise Pure, in the Wasabi and Pfefferminz Prinz colorways, using a U.S. size 3 needle. I did the “Free Spirit” option and devised my own striping pattern, reversing the colors on the opposite side.

I am, for now, trying to resist the temptation to cast on another one. I have some secret knitting I need to catch up on so I’ll distract myself with that for a while.

Loki Sez:

Loki051414 240x138 Another Foolproof Cowl

“Relax!”

Comments

1. Susan Picciano says:

Loki looks pretty stressed out

2. Love Loki’s pose!

3. Linda R says:

I love the colors! I keep seeing the newest cowls this long but have not tried one. This one is so very tempting! Love it!

4. Catherine S. says:

Gorgeous cowl, Wendy. I’d love to see these colors singing against your pretty skin and beautiful red hair! xo

5. Midnite Baker says:

Gorgeous scarf!! Love the colors. Sparky has Renal Disease. Am trying some meds to help her. She seems to be tolerating it quite well. Going on vacation from May 17 to 25th and will be home with a cat sitter coming over twice daily. Am hoping it all works out. Take care and give Loki an ear rub from me. M

6. I’m making one of these soon.

7. Shirley Gallagher says:

Beautiful cowl. I have to make one; thanks for stating needle size for fingering weight, that’s what I’ll use, lots in my stash.

8. Wow how beautiful; I love those colors together. Loki has his cute pose going on for some attention and loving.

9. Wow, the wollmeise version turned out lovely! I can see why you would want to make more.

Molly : )
    deepbluerenegade´s last blog post ..Episode 42: Stash Dash Game Plan

10. So love the color mix…gorgeous!

11. GeniaKnitz says:

Love, love, love the colors and the cowl.
    And the cat, of course. ;o)
    Now, could you talk about sending it through the washer and dryer? What heat, cycle, etc.?
    And is the ability to do that special to Wollmeisse?
    Much appreciate your addressing it some time.

12. Loki is truly a ham…

And I love yarns and projects that happily ride through the washer and dryer. When I was a kid, my mother had one of the first dryers that would simply blow air. I think all of mine have done so as well, though I wish the cabinet part of my now-obsolete Maytag dryer (they gave up this design – a cabinet with mesh shelves above the regular dryer) would blow air as well as low and extra-low heat.

13. Again, LOVE those colors. We should all take Loki’s advice!
    Lizy Tish´s last blog post ..Overly Ambitious