1. Segel, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes in the "Draco" gradient set on a 3.5 mm (U.S. size 4) needle.

Slow and Steady

First things first, the winner of one of Gusler Design’s awesome knitting posters is Lolly, who has been emailed. Big thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway and big, big thanks to all who have backed Beck and her husband’s Kickstarter project!

Meanwhile, I am knitting merrily along n my Array cowl. I knit and knit and knit and progress is SLOW because this stitch pattern has an incredibly compressed row gauge. Still, I have hit the 4″ mark!

WIP052514 240x160 Slow and Steady

I want my cowl to be 12″ deep, so I a one-third the way through. I am making mine 60″ around, which at my stitch gauge is 420 stitches. So each round takes a fair amount of time. But it is a very satisfying project to knit. The madelinetosh Pashmina is a lovely lovely yarn and I keep thinking about how wonderful this cowl will feel wrapped around my neck next winter.

WIPCloseup052514 240x160 Slow and Steady

I am also working quite a bit on some secret knitting, so that cuts into my time with this project. and I am going to set the cowl aside in a week to start work on my first Camp Loopy project.

Still, I won’t need this cowl until next winter, so there is no hurry!

I also take a lot of breaks from my knitting to do this:

Loki052514 240x180 Slow and Steady

Comments

1. Mary Pat says:

This is the best picture of Loki. You can really feel the love!

2. Barbara Boyle says:

Wow! I can only imagine how long that tightly-knitted cowl would take me to knit, but it will be gorgeous. Speaking of gorgeous, Loki is beyond-gorgeous. What a beautiful and loving cat you have. What a blessing!

3. Venice Smith says:

You keep teasing us with this secret knitting business! When do we get to know what it is all about? Another book (I hope, I hope), or perhaps it is the summer mystery shawl?

I just can’t help but guess!

4. What a sweet picture of you and your fur baby.

5. mst13@windstream.net says:

I just want to know what the stitch pattern is for this latest cowl is?????
    It’s really textural :& beautiful.
    M

6. Love your pictures, especially Loki! He is so precious!

7. Celeste says:

Gotta stop and hug the kitties, life just isn’t worthwhile without that!

8. Jackie Bartlett says:

Love, love, love the cowl! Hi to Loki.

9. I’ve heard great things about MadTosh Pashmina, this cowl will make a perfect winter accessory when you finish it!
    Britney´s last blog post ..Liebster Award!

10. GeniaKnitz says:

Wendy, is that Pashmina Sport or Worsted?
    LOVE the colors you chose.

11. Catherine S. says:

I cannot wait to see Array around your beautiful neck against your radiant auburn Crowning Glory! As for Loki, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: “You fell into the clover, little dude.” xo

12. Love the cowl and the colors you are using…. ugh, I’m dying to start one but I’ve got so many other things going!!! I hate it when that happens. Loki looks comfy but it looks like it’s comfy to have Loki too!
    Lizy Tish´s last blog post ..Just Seconds