1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

Easy!

First off, the winner of a free copy of 60 Quick Luxury Knits is Carin Glick. Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway!

Second, I finished my easy diagonal scarf.

FO072714 158x240 Easy!

I knit to use up all the yarn, saving a bit to add some fringe at the bottom.

FOCloseUp072714 240x195 Easy!

I taught a colleague how to knit last week, and designed this pattern to be her first project. Since I was writing it up for her, I thought I’d make it available for download on Ravelry as a freebie. So here it is!

Third, it looks like Basil found a little friend!

Basil072714 240x135 Easy!

And fourth, Loki is waiting to “help” me with chores, so off I go!

Loki072714 240x135 Easy!

Comments

1. patricia says:

Thanks for the pattern! Loki must be dusting the table, or keeping it clutter free.

2. Thanks for picking me as the winner of the book; that never happens! I have emailed you with my address. And, thank you for the diagonal scarf pattern.

3. Thanks for the pattern. Kisses to Loki.

4. Esther49 says:

wow, your purple scarf is pretty!

5. Lynne in Florida says:

Rats! I would have liked to have won the lux knits book – oh, well.

Thank you sooo much for the scarf pattern! I really appreciate your generosity in sharing this with all of us.

Tell Loki he did a very good job of dusting that table, and give him a scritch from me, and tell him Chipper says prrrooww.

6. Jackie Bartlett says:

Thanks for the pattern! Any hints on teaching someone to knit would be great!

7. Your scarf is beautiful…I like the blend of the 2 colors…

8. Charlotte says:

Thank you for your new diagonal scarf pattern. Hopefully, I’ll finish your summer shawl this week so I can do it next.
    How do you manage to have a full time job + design & knit sooooo many projects almost simultaneously? You definitely inspire me to try harder with my very, very slow knitting.

9. Charlottewv says:

Thank you so much for the free pattern, Wendy! I continue to be amazed by your knitting and designing skills and how quickly you create such beautiful knitted items. Awesome!! Loki is such a little sweetheart! Thanks again and have a good week!

10. Joan from Wisconsin says:

Thanks very much for the pattern. How wonderful she was able to design already! Loki must have quite a personality. He is so beautiful he should almost be a female…..if I may say so. I will add this pattern to my list of “Things to Knit” which is quite long already! Thanks again.
    Joan

11. Chris Reeske says:

Thanks for the pattern I have some Chroma I think it might look good. Hugs and pets to Loki.

12. Fuego Azul says:

Your scarf is gorgeous! I love the colorway!

13. Thank you for the freebie! I love the colorway.
    Snuggles to Loki!
    Smiles,

14. Leslie F says:

Thank you for the scarf pattern. Your new knitter enabled all of us.

15. Wendy, how did you shuffle around your 2 colorways to begin/end with the same color? Did you use half of the purple, then reattach towards the end? I read through the pattern, trying to determine how far to knit with one or the other. Thanks for your help and the free pattern.