A holiday weekend is a good way to make some good progress on one’s knitting. And I have made some very good progress on my pour moi cardi.
As a rule, I like to get as much of the “finishing” done on a project as I go along, and this project is no exception. So I knit the front/neckband before completing the sleeves:
This was a lot of ribbing! I spent a lot of Labor Day “laboring” on this ribbing and it was totally worth it.
I joined the shoulders via a three-needle bind-off. I had worked the shoulder decreases as short rows instead of bind-offs because I prefer to do a three-needle bind-off for shoulder seams rather than sew them together. It gives a nice smooth seam.
Then I picked up the many, many stitches up one side front, around the neck, and down the other side.
There are buttonholes for 7 buttons in one side front. So all that remains now is to complete the sleeves, sew on the buttons, and sew up the side seams. I have one sleeve more than half done:
Sock Architecture Giveaway
Judging from the number of comments left, this is going to be a very popular book! The winner, chosen at random, is Leslie F., who has been emailed. Thanks to everyone who left a comment!
Loki believes in solidarity through napping. Such a helpful kitty!