Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

And Now . . .

My new work in progress: Drachenfels, designed by Melanie Berg.

WIP100514 240x135 And Now . . .

I am making mine from Madelinetosh Pashmina.

Colorways100514 240x236 And Now . . .

I have finished all use of Color A, the “Black Walnut,” and that’s a good thing — this is how much of it I have left!

ColorA100514 240x135 And Now . . .

The pattern says it uses 333 yards of Color A, and my yarn is 360 yards per skein, so the amount needed is pretty much spot on!

CloseupA100514 240x135 And Now . . .

I am using the needle size recommended in the pattern, a U.S. size 6, to get gauge, and it is a little looser than I usually do for this yarn, but I am loving the resulting fabric — soft and drapey.

CLoseupB100514 240x135 And Now . . .

I estimate I am perhaps halfway through this project — lots of knitting fun remains!

Loki thinks it is fun to hang out in my knitting bag.

Loki100514 240x222 And Now . . .

Comments

1. Your Drachenfels is beautiful!! I absolutely love the “dotted line” effect.

2. Hey, that one’s on my list too, once I figure out the 3rd color. I have a peridot green and a coffee-with-cream and can’t quite decide on #3. Suggestions are welcome!

3. Oh Wendy, your Drachenfels is lovely. I love your color choices. I might just have to make one of these.

4. Deborah Gajee says:

It’s beautiful. I am going to have to add it to my list.

5. Midnite Baker says:

Like your shawl, especially the scales. Love how just one row of purled stitches can make such a dramatic display of color. Added this to my Favorites on Ravelry. M

6. Just got that pattern myself! Love that cat.

7. Another beautiful project! I used to want to knit every pair of socks you made and even tried to buy the same yarn. I have given up trying to keep up with you but I still wish I could.

8. Charlotte says:

You knit so very, very fast & with such accuracy & beauty, OMG.
    Our cat’s favourite place to “hide” is inside a plain brown grocery bag – began by accident when she was a kitten & our grocery bags hadn’t all been folded up yet. Her tail sticks out, but she doesn’t know that.
    P.S. In the photo, It doesn’t look like your small yarn bags have handles to put over your wrists, so how do you prevent them from “flopping” all over as the yarn balls decrease?

9. Katherine says:

I love that color combination. You are a knitting miracle!!!

10. Gretcheng says:

Hmm, Wendy, I get the feeling you are expecting a very cold winter this year! That’s what I’ve heard for New England, so I had better start knitting as fast as you do. 🙂

11. Oh my, you have once again exposed me to a beautiful pattern that I absolutely must knit. I have a stupid question for you. I rushed over to Ravelry to purchase the pattern, but if I understand correctly, it seems to be available in French and German. I didn’t see an English version. Are you working from an English version, or…?

12. Ok, I may have just found the English version. I’m blind.

13. Love that pashmina, and those colors and the pattern. What great choices!

14. Oh, that’s so pretty. Just had to go favorite the pattern on Ravelry!

15. Beautiful shawl. How amazing, I just saw this on Pinterest Saturday and faved it on Ravelry. I was thinking it would look wonderful in black, grey and cream and here you go knitting it. I’ll be following your progress. I want to start one, but I really MUST finish a few things first. I’ve had a bit of startitis.

16. Fuego Azul says:

I love the names of the colors you’re using. It’s coming along wonderfully! Where can I purchase a yarn bag complete with a fluffy companion?

17. I like the cabled pillow, but even more…..Loki’s bunny feet. Too cute

18. Absolutely beautiful progress!

19. Loki is such a sweetie! Am a bit amazed that he likes the knitting bag but DOESN’T play with/destroy the knitting or yarn. what a kittie!

20. One of my favorite color combinations is a dark green with a light blue. Very pretty.

21. Lovely knitting, lovely new book, lovely cat.

22. Beautiful pattern, and your color choices are lovely.

J. L. Fleckenstein´s last blog post ..Lace shawl knitting patterns and peach pie