Corrugated Shawl, designed by Cecelia Campochiaro, knit from Crave Caravan in the Tilly colorway, using U.S. size 4 needles.

Segel Progress

I am happily knitting along on my Segel wrap, and at this point I have worked through 1 complete set of gradients:

WIP101914 240x135 Segel Progress

I am loving how it looks and how nice the yarn is knit at a looser gauge.

WIP101914a 240x211 Segel Progress

I enjoyed reading the comments on my last post about Loki and his desire to take over all horizontal surfaces in my home, particularly the suggestion that he might need a cat tree or two. Trust me, he has plenty of furniture that belongs to him. My cleaning lady refers to the living room as “Loki’s playground.”

Here’s another photo of the Little Prince:

Loki101914 240x179 Segel Progress

He is lying on top of my jewelry armoire. Note that it is turned so that the drawers are facing the wall. That’s because one evening I watched as Loki reached down with one chubby paw and pried open a drawer, removed a piece of jewelry, and dropped it to the floor. It was then I realized why I had found a wristwatch in my foyer upon returning home from work the previous day.

Coincidentally, the piece of jewelry I saw him select was a brooch in the shape of a cat.

Loki says:

Loki101914a 190x240 Segel Progress

“Look at me! I’m adorable!”

Comments

1. Cathie Jones says:

Yes, he is adorable!

2. 1horsetown says:

My cousin had a cat that liked hiding jewelry. She found the contents of her jewelry box under the couch, recliner, ottoman…. Cat got his name changed to “Stash”.

Good thing you figured it out before you accused the cleaning lady…

3. We have a calico that used to take things and hide them under our daughter’s bed.
    She had a whole nest of stuff under there. Barretts, inkpens and things like that.
    Our orange girl likes to knock things off of tables and carry balls of paper around. And she loves to sit on my lap while I knit. Great knitting buddy.
    How big has Loki gotten? He’s so fluffy!

4. Ha ha! A cat burglar!
    Kristen´s last blog post ..October

5. Oh my, you Segel wrap is coming along beautifully. Sounds like Loki is somewhat of a cat burglar! Yes, all stretched out, he is adorable.

6. My orange boy likes to open drawers, and my grey boy likes to sleep in them. Between the two of them, they empty drawers around here on a regular basis.

When we go to the vet, the orange boy opens a drawer in the exam table gets in and closes the drawer again. He’s not afraid of the vet, just likes to put himself away.

7. Sue Horlander says:

I had to laugh about your armoire being turned aroun. I had to do the same
    to my desk when my daughter was small. I did everything to keep out of the
    drawers. So finally I just turned it around. Made it hard when I had to use
    my desk.

On Sunday, October 19, 2014, Wendy Knits wrote:

8. Midnite Baker says:

So glad Loki likes his picture taken, so I can enjoy his antics!! Sparky didn’t like her picture taken, so I don’t have many to remember her by. Take Care & have a Great Week. M

9. A few days ago, I was reading a pet care website, theoretically written by veterinarians and “pet experts”. One article there stated the main reason pet caregivers must be responsible about the food they provide is that “cats can’t open cabinets and feed themselves”. I actually LOL’d (pretty rare for me). I guess the author and editor don’t watch cat videos. In the real world, I met a cat that not only opens the fridge door, but the crisper drawer as well to get at fresh greens, esp. spinach. I sometimes struggle with my crisper drawer and I have opposable thumbs!
    So, Loki opening a drawer to augment his toys: Yep, I believe. And yes, I’m still looking for a pet care website I can trust.

10. Our guy has been known to push into the lower corner carousels in the kitchen and sit in the back corners, and to try to open the kitchen cupboards by hooking his toes over the top of the cabinet doors. Our daughter’s bedroom furniture has such good glides on the drawers, that he found he could open them, thus explaining the bra or other things found lying on the floor. We put baby latches on the drawers to keep him out.

11. I love your work! I have 3 persian cats 🙂

12. Shirley Gallagher says:

He is adorable.

13. Your Segel wrap is beautiful! I love the colors that you chose. And Loki, what can I say – he is one smart and handsome kitty!

14. Elizabeth in Vt says:
  15. I had a beloved feline who would get into my husband’s tool box and drag out washers, small screw drivers, pipe fittings–anything she could get into her mouth. I couldn’t figure out how the tools were ending up in the living room until I saw her diligently yanking a pair of needle nose pliers toward her kitty bed.

16. Loki is adorable. You have your own little cat burglar.
    maryanne´s last blog post ..My Fashionista Washing Machine

17. Karen in Michigan says:

Yes, Loki is adorable. I have 3 furry boys including one with 2 extra toes on each front paw and 1 extra on each rear. I dread the day he learns to coordinate their use. And his first Christmas. My personal decorating style tends to include vignettes and other decorative stuff on flat surfaces. Having a cat or three will cure you of over-decorating. I’m now in the “less is more” camp.

18. Loki says “What is mine is mine. And, what is yours is mine also.”

19. Yes, that little guy is totally adorable! And smart, too. Does he let you pet his tummy? A couple of ours do, and a couple don’t. Your knitting is lovely, and I really like those colors. Have a wonderful week Wendy! Bess
    Bess´s last blog post ..My Sentiments Exactly

20. The comments about cabinet-opening kitties are hilarious. The last cat my parents’ had would open kitchen cabinets on a regular basis. My father had to put latches on them to keep her out…

21. Dorothy Bunch says:

The scarf I
    s beautiful. I do like that colour. But I think Loki is stealing everyones heart and your entire house! There is something so precious about a chubby paw foot fluff! He is in deed a beauty!

22. GeniaKnitz says:

Adorable? Oh, yes, he certainly is, and doesn’t he know it!

23. My kitty used to jump on top of the counter then on the top of the fridge, and knock all the cereal boxes down to the floor. My german shepherd of course helped himself to the spoils. This happened a couple of times. I’m convinced they were working together. Sure wish I had videotaped it.

24. Ah Loki! I had a very active cat who also like to swat all things off flat surfaces. I don’t recall her taking anything out of a drawer, but I’ll bet she could have if she’d tried. When she was with us, I sewed, quilts and clothes for my then little daughter. This involves some round things that are just great when they hit the floor when knocked by a paw off a higher surface — they hit with a clunk and then roll around like crazy with a long tail coming out. Our cat endlessly batted my spools of thread. I learned never, ever to leave them out, a habit I still keep, even though she hasn’t been with us for quite a while. Loki and the jewelry in the drawer however may be the best cat mischief story I’ve head yet.

25. Maybe that new sock book make me inspired to finish my two pair if toe up socks.

26. Heels are what stop me from knitting more socks. A criminally mindless heel is just what I need – especially the mindless part. If I could knit socks mindlessly… just think of what I could accomplish!