Corrugated Shawl, designed by Cecelia Campochiaro, knit from Crave Caravan in the Tilly colorway, using U.S. size 4 needles.

Sanquhar Cowl, Completed

SanquharCowlFolded113014 240x230 Sanquhar Cowl, Completed

I finished my cowl on Friday night.

SanquharCowlDoubled113014 240x230 Sanquhar Cowl, Completed

I started by googling images of Sanquhar knitting, and then charting out individual patterns based on the old photos I found.

SanquharCowlFlat113014 240x135 Sanquhar Cowl, Completed

I ended up with 7 “background” patterns and 7 “squares” pattern.

SanquharCowl113014 227x240 Sanquhar Cowl, Completed

My cowl is knit in the round, using Woolfolk Tynd yarn and a U.S. size 3 needle. I started with a provisional cast-on and upon completion I grafted the live stitches at each end together to make a big tube.

I worked each of my pattern charts twice so there is a total of 28 pattern panels.

The pattern will be available for sale on Ravelry soon.

Meanwhile, Loki reminds us that it is important to remain hydrated.

Loki113014 240x190 Sanquhar Cowl, Completed

Comments

1. Kathleen B. says:

Absolutely stunning! Looking forward to buying the pattern.

2. Beautiful! I’m looking forward to the pattern.

3. Absolutely love this! I am very much looking forward to the pattern publication.
    Jamie´s last blog post ..I’ve Been Pinned!

4. That is gorgeous! Just to make it more interesting, you could do the next one in double-knit.

5. It looks amazing!

6. Love it! I’ve already bought the yarn in anticipation!

7. A definite masterpiece, Wendy! And so stylish for winter wear! Blessings, Bess
    Bess´s last blog post ..Prayer Journals and a Break

8. Love it! Will definitely buy the pattern.

9. I can just see this on my sister’s neck. She lives in Arlington and you and she may pass each other one day and you’ll know where it came from. Eagerly awaiting the pattern.

~~Mary, in Florida~~

10. Absolutely fabulous. Though thinking about the number of stitches leaves me gasping. And you finishing it this quickly as well.

Just thinking about Loki opening that bottle and drinking out of it.

11. Gorgeous. Can’t wait for the pattern.

12. PERFECTION IN KNITTING!!

13. How lovely! The overall design looks retro and modern at the same time!

14. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Not sure I’d have the patience for it but I’d like to try!

15. Bluetoespinner says:

I can’t wait for the pattern!

16. Gorgeous. It looks more like woven fabric. Your work is so beautiful and meticulous. Loki says he is too.

17. Sanquhar Cowl is truly splendid; I salute you!

18. Wonderful project and a gorgeous scarf.

19. I so love it!!

20. Betti Felton says:

Looks very nice. I especially like the part with your initials and the year! Looks like a lot of hard work.

21. Oh. My.goodness- that is a work of art! That is definitely going in my queue- i have knit every famiky member a scarf. I think I deserve this for myself! I have some black Wensleydale and some white Teeswater cross to spin, which would be great for your wonderful design.

22. Pam Beeching says:

That fabulous creation would look splendid with my painfully knitted gloves – looking forward to seeing the pattern to have a go

23. Deborah Keep says:

That is glorious looking forward to the pattern………..

24. Midnite Baker says:

Gorgeous!! But nothing can trump Loki’s coat. 🙂 M

25. The cowl is fabulous!

26. Oh so beautiful!

27. SO beautiful. Another Wendy triumph. 🙂

28. @ kmkat: Bite your tongue! No, really, that’s a technique I haven’t tried yet — and this beautiful cowl looks complex enough already. Loki has teh S-M-R-T smart idea, as usual.
    CeltChick´s last blog post ..A blur

29. I think my husband would like this! We visited the Borders region of Scotland in September, and this would be a good way of commemorating that trip. I’m seriously tempted to buy this pattern – or should I make him the Sanquhar socks instead?

30. Wendy, that is just beautiful!!!

31. That is really a stunning piece of work.

32. So beautiful, I love it! And I haven’t even finished my Leftovers Cowl yet 😉 Very much looking forward to projects for this pattern emerging. Possibly with one of mine among them – it’s too pretty to pass up. Thank you!

33. Beautiful!! I probably missed it but how much yarn is called for? My yarn store is closing in a month and I would like to pick up some yarn so I am ready when the pattern is….
    Thanks!
    Eileen

34. Good reminder Loki, we all need to stay hydrated 😉 I love this so much, its super cute and perfect for the Season!
    Tanya´s last blog post ..Innovative ideas to drive employee engagement

35. Sumiko Keay says:

Wow.

That is just so fabulous and just so complicated looking.

36. Beautiful!!

37. That is a piece of incredible knitting! Unbelievably beautiful work! And thanks, Loki – for the health tip;O))

38. WOW!!

39. another one that I will definitely grab immediately and start knitting – after all, I’ve got more dark & light yarns hanging around trying to avoid the dreaded moths! thanks so much for designing it!

off to drink some more water,
    xo
    mhv

40. Charlotte says:

wow from me also – actually a super wow, you make it all seem so easy & always do such beautiful work
    Arne & Carlos’s Christmas ornaments are about the extent of my colorwork, plus an occasional dragon for my son.

41. That is just gorgeous. I’ve always wanted to knit Sanquhar gloves, but this would be absolutely perfect.
    Lorette Meske´s last blog post ..Crazy Woman Socks

42. I can’t wait for the pattern – I love this.

43. This is gorgeous! I’ve seen Sanquhar mittens and gloves before, but they’ve always been the Drum and Duke patterns: all diamonds. Some of these patterns are much more appealing. Looking forward to the pattern!

44. GOT IT! I really do buy myself the best gifts. I’m seriously thinking about doing this in a “heavy” lace weight, though – 13+” seems a bit wide for me.

45. Wow, gorgeous!! Beyond awesome.

46. Fuego Azul says:

Just jaw dropping gorgeous! I love the detail. Bravo!