Corrugated Shawl, designed by Cecelia Campochiaro, knit from Crave Caravan in the Tilly colorway, using U.S. size 4 needles.

In Like a Lion

First of all, the winner of my review copy of Faux Taxidermy Knits: 15 Wild Animal Knitting Patterns by Louise Walker is AK McKinnon, who has been emailed. Thanks to everyone who left a comment!

I took a bit of time off from knitting Sous Sous yesterday so I could knit March dresses for my bunny girls.

Dresses030115 240x122 In Like a Lion

The bunnies are in my office (where they are safe from Loki) so I’ll let them change into their March dresses tomorrow.

So I’m back to Sous Sous.

WIP030115 240x135 In Like a Lion

This is the front, which I am knitting straight across instead of with the reverse dip in the front as the pattern directs.

It’s March 1, and March is definitely coming in like a lion — we have sleet/freezing rain/snow coming down today. I was out briefly this morning and Basil was quickly encased in ice!

Ice030115 240x135 In Like a Lion

Loki is content to stay in where it is warm!

Loki030115 240x135 In Like a Lion

Comments

1. Squee! The dresses!

2. PamelaR says:

I sure can’t blame Loki for wanting to stay indoors with your weather. Sous sous is looking amazing. Would love to see you model it when you are finished. My orange trees here are in bloom and the perfume is totally heady. I’ve got all the windows open. May be the last time for a few days as we expect some rain and cooler weather. Stay inside and keep warm!
    Pamela
    (Tucson, AZ)

3. Mary Lou Keenan says:

Must post a picture of the girls in their new dresses! Since I didn’t win, I’ll have to order the taxidermy book. I see it’s on sale in Knit Picks.

4. Those bunny dresses are precious!

5. Venice Smith says:

I love the dresses. Your post is timely, as I’m busy knitting the little miss mouse from Little Cotton Rabbits. I already want to make a new outfit for her!

6. Those are adorable!

Also, I just want to say “Hi” since I just now resubscribed to your blog. I had unsubscribed a while back because every time I would open your blog alert e-mail they would freeze my computer and I finally got frustrated.

But I missed your blog, so I took a chance re-subscribing, and it doesn’t seem to be happening any more – yay!

7. Midnite Baker says:

The dresses are cute. You must have twins?!? 🙂 I love that stitch defined cable. It just pops out of the sweater. May have to find the pattern. Have a great week and hope you don’t get too much snow this week. Looks like I’ll be on the north side but are still anticipating 2 to 6 to 8 inches here. Take Care and give Loki an ear rub for me. M

8. The cuteness of the bunnies is making me nuts. I just figured out that I haven’t bought any new yarn since October (but I have bought patterns!); maybe I could splurge on the bunny patterns & yarn for Easter? Loki has the right idea, stay in where it’s warm! We had one day of near normal temps over the weekend, and I was rather surprised at my older kitty’s wanting to stay out on the deck — “OOO, outside at night! Lookit, Mom, I can put my little head thru the lattice!” Took me forever to talk her into going back inside.
    CeltChick´s last blog post ..Slip sliding away

9. Charlotte says:

Dottie & Inga are going to be so pleased with their shamrock dresses. Plus the sweater, Sous Sous & probably secret project – I am sooooo slow even though I knit every day.

10. Leslie F says:

Nasty weather outside means that there is no need to feel guilty about sitting inside and knitting all day!

11. Those must be the best dressed bunnies.

12. Their dresses are so lovely and springy.

13. Fuego Azul says:

Your little March bunny dresses are too adorable. And Sous Sous is coming along beautifully!

14. KateJonze says:

It’s been such a long time since I’ve thought about your blog. Guess something happened to my subscription. Love, love, love the bunny dresses!

It’s to warm here in SoCal to think about knitting DK and worsted things, but I always love to see your warm stuff.

15. Back again…I just can’t stop looking at those little dresses! I think maybe I just need to knit the dresses, the heck with the bunnies. But if I give in and knit the dresses, I’ll want to see them on the bunnies…just look what you’ve done.
    CeltChick´s last blog post ..It’s gotta end sometime…..

16. OH that looks cold! I would be staying indoors for sure! My son on the other had has his first day of flag football practice today, hopefully its not too cold!! Those dresses sure are adorable 🙂
    tanya´s last blog post ..Innovative ideas to drive employee engagement