Corrugated Shawl, designed by Cecelia Campochiaro, knit from Crave Caravan in the Tilly colorway, using U.S. size 4 needles.

Sous Sous, C’est Tout!

First of all, Robin V. is the winner of my giveaway for my review copy of  Wrapped in Color: 30 Shawls to Knit in Koigu Handpainted Yarns. Thanks to everyone who left a comment. I’ll have another book review on Wednesday, of a very cute and fun book!

Sous Sous

Sous Sous, otherwise known as the double moss stitch marathon, is complete.

SousSous031515 192x240 Sous Sous, Cest Tout!

I knit this from the now-discontinued Rowan Calmer and achieved exact gauge with suggested needle size, a U.S. size 6. I did make some modifications to the pattern.

I made my sweater a few inches longer, and I did not do the bias knit for the front. I basically knit the front the same as the back, working short rows for the shoulders.

I did a slightly less deep v-neck, and just sort of “winged it” as I knit.

SousSous031515a 240x167 Sous Sous, Cest Tout!

I worked a three-needle bind-off for the shoulder seams, and elected to work it with a visible seam on the right side (instead of inside) because I thought it would look nice against the double moss stitch. I’m glad I did — I like the look of it.

SousSous031515b 240x228 Sous Sous, Cest Tout!

I picked up stitches along the body edge to knit the sleeves down from the body. I made the sleeves larger in diameter as I am not a fan of tight sleeves.

And then all that remained was to work the side and sleeve seams. Mattress stitch is my friend!

Hats!

Yesterday I finished a hat.

Hat031515 240x193 Sous Sous, Cest Tout!

This is a chemo cap, knit from Rowan Calmer. I just used a waffle stitch pattern and figured it out as I knit.

And I started another hat.

WIP031515 240x124 Sous Sous, Cest Tout!

This is being knit from Rowan Softknit Cotton and it is also destined to be a chemo cap. I have a friend who is undergoing chemo right now. I made her some cozy warm hats last December, but now that warm weather is (hopefully) upon us, she’ll need some warm weather caps.

This weekend Loki indulged in one of his favorite activities:

Loki031515 240x179 Sous Sous, Cest Tout!

Being groomed by Daddy!

Comments

1. Mary Lou Keenan says:

You have to be the fastest knitter ever! The hats and sweater are gorgeous, as always.
    Blogless Mary Lou

2. Midnite Baker says:

Love your sweater and I like the shoulder seam showing too. It adds a nice stitch contrast to the rest of the sweater. Tell your friend, I send her warm healing wishes. I have already been there 2 years ago. And, as always, Loki needs an ear rub. Take Care, M

3. Deborah Gajee says:

I love the way the sweater turned out.

4. Your sweater is gorgeous! Love the color and what modifications you made; especially the shoulders, The chemo hat you made for your friend is adorable. Then Loki looks like he is really enjoying himself with Daddy!

5. Cous came out beautiful, no surprise. Thank you for sharing all that you do…

6. That’s some awesome knitting, my dear. Hi Loki.
    Andrea @ Thisknittedlife´s last blog post ..A Second Twist

7. Catherine S. says:

Sous Sous, c’est magnifique! I’m guessing this will be a sweater you’ll actually wear, Wendy. As for your stash of Rowan Calmer … … have you ever found a dupe for it? Egads, I miss that yarn.

8. Mary Tole says:

It is beautiful. I so wish I had your talent and even part of your know how. I bet after daddy is through grooming Loki, he will be floofy as well. LOL. Loki does look like he is saying don’t stop, don’t stop.

9. Shirley Gallagher says:

Beautiful knitting, I too like the look of the seam on the outside, nice compliment to the moss stitch. Loki is magnificent.

10. Another great sweater, Wendy! I also like the seaming detail – looks very modern.
    Loki has such a fluffy winter coat! He’d get ‘lost’ in a snowbank.
    MicheleinMaine´s last blog post ..Packmates Project Bag by ThreeBagsFullStudio

11. Wendy,
    Would you share what size Sous Sous did you knit and do you remember how many skeins of Calmer you used? I have some Calmer here and I agree that this is a great yarn to use for this pattern. I am just not sure if I have enough. I like how yours turned out. I had passed this pattern by because I did not care for the front hemline. I really appreciate seeing the mods you made to yours. It turned out lovely, as do all your knits. You make it look so easy and effortless, but I know it takes time talent.

12. Judy Hammond says:

I love that sweater! Beautiful and wearable.

13. Birgit Rosenberg says:

Love the way your Sous Sous came out. I’m getting close to the finish for the front of mine which I did without the dip, just like you. I am still deliberating which neck line to do. I am not a big fan of v-necks.

14. GeniaKnitz says:

Look the chemo cap! I have begun knitting them for our local American Cancer Society unit, and am still feeling my way on patterns. I wish the pretty waffle stitch hat had a pattern; I love it, but am not so good at “winging” it.

15. Love the sweater! The visible seam really looks nice and I love the V-neck with the cables.
    Liz´s last blog post ..A List for the First Day of Spring