Corrugated Shawl, designed by Cecelia Campochiaro, knit from Crave Caravan in the Tilly colorway, using U.S. size 4 needles.

One Sleeve

First things first, the winner of my review copy of  60 Quick Knit Baby Essentials is Linda Emery, who has been emailed. Thanks to everyone who left a comment to be entered in the giveaway.

In Ropewalk news, I have one sleeve completed, and I set it into the armhole and sewed up the side seam on one side.

WIP041515 188x240 One Sleeve

And I have a good chunk of the second sleeve completed.

Sleeve041515 240x167 One Sleeve

So this will be a finished item by the weekend.

So . . . what’s next?

You may recall that I taught one of my colleagues to knit last summer. Jennifer has been making great progress and has knit all sorts of things, including a pair of toe-up socks. She is just finishing up a project so I have encouraging her to take on a sweater. We decided we’ll both make the same sweater: Boxy, by Joji Locatelli.

We are both doing the seamed version — me because, well, you know how I feel about seams in sweaters. Jennifer, so she can learn how to seam a sweater.

Jennifer is making her Boxy from Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the “Dust Bowl” colorway.

Madtoshmerino041515 240x179 One Sleeve

I am making mine in Handmaiden Mini Maiden in the “Polar Sea” colorway.

minimaiden041515 240x226 One Sleeve

We have both done our gauge swatches, so we’ll be ready to cast on at a moment’s notice!

In other news . . .

A certain sweet little boy has his fourth birthday tomorrow.

Loki041515 209x240 One Sleeve

Comments

1. Happy Birthday Loki!

2. Happy Bday, Loki – no wonder he looks big and fluffy. The Boxy sweater looks interesting – a great layering piece.

3. Looks like a fun knit-along.
    Happy birthday Loki!
    Kristen´s last blog post ..Baby and baby sweater

4. That cat pose made me laugh out loud!!

5. Cathie Jones says:

I am so in love with the center design on Ropewalk. Wish I was accomplished enough to be able to open it down the front. It’s rarely cool enough here to wear a pullover.

Happy Birthday Loki!

6. Venice Smith says:

Happy birthday, Loki!

7. Wendy TC says:

Happy birthday, Loki. You are one handsome and fortunate boy to live in such a loving household.

8. Happy Birthday, Loki!! Enjoy some special kitty treats!

9. Happy Birthday, sweet Loki!!

10. Lestersmama says:

Happy, happy B’day, Loki!

11. Oooh, Boxy, I’ve thought about that one, I’ll be interested to read your commentary about it.
    Happy Birthday sweet Loki!

12. Charlottewv says:

I just want to wish sweet Loki a Very Happy Birthday! I hope this is your best year ever, filled with ❤️’S and PURRS! ❤️

13. Love the sweater projects! Happy birthday, sweet kitty!

14. Wow…Loki looks like he’s all up and ready for a celebration! 🙂 I really love your ropewalk and would love to see it on you when you are finished.

15. Midnite Baker says:

Loki, place your birthday cake order for a “tuna cake”. You’ll love it, but Mom might not take too kindly to cleaning the litter box. LOL!! And, it looks like you need another tummy rub with a chin scratch. Have a good one. M

16. In our house, kitty birthdays are rotisserie-chick-from-the-deli occasions! (And Boxy’s in my knitting queue as well…)

17. Shirley Gallagher says:

Happy Birthday sweet, beautiful Loki. I like the boxy sweater too, it would make a good layering piece.

18. Happy birthday Loki! Today (April 16th) is my birthday too. I hope you get toys and catnip for your birthday.

19. Mary Tole says:

I couldn’t let the day go by without wishing a very special boy a very Happy Birthday. Loki, you’ll have to let us know what all you got for your special day.

20. A very special Happy Birthday to your very special Birthday Boy! If reincarnation is a real thing, I want to come back as someone’s very special feline furry friend. Snorgles & tummy rubs to master Loki. I have been trying to get my DD interested in knitting for years, just doesn’t take.
    CeltChick´s last blog post ..THERE you are!

21. Martina N says:

Well, clearly you are a very good mother! You’ve really brought out the foofy in Loki! I’m also looking forward to your comments/progress on Boxy. I think everyone but me is knitting one now!

22. Your co-worker is so lucky to have you for a teacher!

23. Kristine M. says:

Happy birthday, Loki!

24. That Polar Sea yarn is absolutely gorgeous! Can’t wait to see that worked up.

25. Happy Birthday Loki! Love the yarn colors

26. Denise Wessman says:

Love your sweater!!! You are inspiring me to knit one. Boxy looks awesome. I’m currently working on Joji Imagine when shawl. Love her patterns. i can’t wait to see your progress. Both yarns are gorgeous.

27. Happy birthday to Loki! Love that sweater!!
    Karen´s last blog post ..Intarsia Knitting and Observation Journaling

28. I guess it’s not too late to say Happy birthday to Loki!

29. Happy birthday Loki! You are one gorgeous cat.