Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Little Things

I finished my Fine Sand Cardi Friday night. Here’s the front:

CardiFront053115 189x240 Little Things

And here’s the back:

CardiBack053115 199x240 Little Things

I’m sort of lukewarm about it. It’s okay, but the yoke, I’ve discovered, is not a great-fitting style for me.

So, on to small stuff.

Because tomorrow is June 1, I whipped out a couple of new dresses for my bunny girls.

Dresses053115 240x122 Little Things

They’ll be able to change into their June dresses on time tomorrow!

And I also made a couple of toys for some of Loki’s online friends:

Mice053115 240x134 Little Things

Because Loki has been so generous, today I am knitting a mousie for him:

Mousie053115 240x150 Little Things

Loki sez:

Loki053115 240x188 Little Things

“That’s more like it!”

Comments

1. catspaw says:

Such cute little dresses. And that Loki is a generous soul!

2. Nancy DeMere says:

Loki has a really beautiful face!

3. Love those bunny dresses!

4. Mary Lou Keenan says:

Lovely sweater, as are all your knitted things!

5. Loki is so adorable,

6. The dresses are so cute! I’m planning on making the girl mouse doll. Are you going to make the dress pattern available? I would love to get the pattern.

7. You whipped out that cardigan super quick! Adorable dresses.
    Andrea @ Thisknittedlife┬┤s last blog post ..Dolores Progress

8. Midnite Baker says:

Hey, kiddo, sorry you’re not happy with the fit of your sweater. I’ve had similar problems when I used to sew my own clothing. I’d see a pattern and then the material and found the garment wasn’t all that good looking on me. So it languished in the back of my closet until I had the courage to give it away. But the best reason for knitting and sewing our own clothing is – they are Originals!! And, We will never meet ourselves on the street!!.. LOL So, Cheers to our creativity for even trying. ­čÖé Give Loki her deserved behind the ear rub and hope you have a good week. M

9. Ginger Klein says:

Sum sum asked me why I never knit toys for him and Murray. Although he didn’t really ask for Murray. So I’m wondering what pattern do you use for the mousies? I’m sure you can knit them in your sleep by now.
    Thanks. Ginger, Sumsum and Murray.

10. Oh snap, I just want to pet that sweet little face! He’s trying so hard to be patient.
    CeltChick┬┤s last blog post ..Captured

11. Denise Wessman says:

Love the bunny sweaters. They’re adorable. The mice are awesome. Loki is going to love his mice. It’s always great to share with friends!!!! Happy knitting.

12. Charlotte says:

I think maybe you’re not happy with it because it’s so plain compared to the ones you usually knit. Try adding a knit flower (or a mini bunny) or a fancy pin or even consider knitting a collar (or two or three), then either just fasten it above the cardi or actually add snaps to both the cardi & the collar. Design your own collar, or have a look at the ones by Kristen Orme, Debbie Bliss, Louisa Harding, Nancy Epstein, Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2013, etc. I have collected many of the old vintage patterns + have some pamphlets the main vintage sites don’t have, but I’m not a blogger, so haven’t posted. If you like lacy, there’s one from 1951 at http://web.archive.org/web/20150315024859/http://sheepandchick.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/cavalier-collar-knitting-pattern-1951.html

13. B. Rickman says:

So…what will you do with all that work? That is one drawback to clothes. You have to like what you do. It is hard to not like what you made for yourself. That is what keeps me away from making clothes but at the same time i have to keep trying because I have had a few successes. I keep at it because once I find that something that works it will be done over and over again and I will feel safe.
    Strange we humans. We hate repetition but we love repetition
    bjr.

14. Try a silky scarf with the sweater if your insure about the neckline, it yoke? I hope your grow to enjoy it.

15. Lynette says:

I think that knitted mousie should have lilac ears, nose, and tail to match Loki!