Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Camp Loopy

If it’s June, it must be time for Camp Loopy!

CampLoopy060715 231x240 Camp Loopy

Here is my Camp Loopy project:

WIP060715 240x135 Camp Loopy

This is the start of Angelina, a cardigan knit in an all-over mesh pattern. I am using Cascade Ultra Pima in the Coca colorway and am getting gauge with a U.S. size 7 needle.

This pattern has an interesting and fun construction and is a fairly easy knit. So far, so good! I just need to finish it in June and I am well on track for that.

A close-up of the stitch pattern:

WIPCloseup060715 240x208 Camp Loopy

In other news . . .

Dottie and Inga are enjoying their June dresses!

Dresses060715 240x227 Camp Loopy

Here is Loki’s catnip mouse:

Mousie060715 170x240 Camp Loopy

While Loki has never shown much interest in catnip, he does like this mouse and has been playing with it since I gave it to him last Sunday. I gave it a very long tail because he seems to enjoy dragging things around, and this mouse is no exception! Here’s another mousie I knit for one of Loki’s friends:

Mouise060715 240x155 Camp Loopy

I’ve had several inquiries about the pattern for this mouse. It is part of my Projects for Leftover Sock Yarn, a collection of 7 patterns for small items that can be made from bits of leftover fingering weight yarn. But since I have gotten so many inquiries about the mouse pattern, I’m thinking about writing up a separate pattern for it. It’s a great construction because there are no seams, which makes it sturdier and less likely to be ripped apart by kitty claws.

Once I write up the pattern I’ll put it up on Ravelry, and sell it for a nominal price, like $1. Then I’ll donate all proceeds from the pattern to animal charities. Not that I’m expecting to make a pile of money off this, but I do donate to animal charities regularly and this will be a little extra I can add!

A colleague gave me some fresh catnip for Loki to try. While it did not drive him crazy, he was interested in it!

Loki060715 179x240 Camp Loopy

Comments

1. Oh, yes please do write up the mouse pattern. I have a little one-eyed tabby that would love one, or two, or three.

2. That sounds great I have grand kitty’s, that I know would love them.

3. I recently adopted a shelter kitty and he loves to play, so I know he would love me to make a mouse or two like Loki’s. He doesn’t react to catnip either but that won’t stop the play!

4. Mary Pat says:

Tell us your thoughts on how you connected this project to the theme of the first Camp Loopy project.

mp

5. Anna(alcatmom) says:

Will definitely purchase mousie pattern! Thank you in advance!!

6. GeniaKnitz says:

Have two kitties and four grandkitties and they all love to play. One of my boys loves dragging and throwing, so I’ll definitely make his mousie’s tail extra long, just as soon as the pattern is available!
    Hurray, and THANK YOU!
    P.S. You may be surprised how big a pile of money you make from this! ;o)

7. Thanks in advance, Wendy, for the mouse pattern–I will most definitely purchase it when it becomes available.

8. My cat Louis loves catnip. I love that you’re going to donate the proceeds

9. Denise Wessman says:

I will sooooo have to knit the mouse for my great grandfather and friends. Love your new sweater. I also love the designers iris fern scarf pattern. She is so talented. Camp loopy sounds fun. Looking forward to viewing your wonderful knit. It’s amazing how quickly you finish an article. I am in awe.

10. Love the little mouse toys, my little Missy loves toys and catnip so these will be well loved.
    I am at Camp Loopey this Summer as well, making socks with a size 1 needle,,, your pattern Feather and Fan,,, did the provisional cast on and boy was it a challenge with fine yarn and teeny needles… be glad to get to the design section, almost there! WOW your project is over 1,000 yds of yarn … I love your beautiful pattern choice.

11. Midnite Baker says:

Interesting looking cardigan. The girls look well dressed for summer to begin. Then, there is Loki..
    Well, some cats really dig catnip and some just purr at it. Sparky never went crazy over it, but loved to eat the garden fresh top green leaves and then promptly take a nap, as in very contented. Then, there was Chris & Ginger, litter mates, both girls, whom I had back in the 70’s. They would go crazy with catnip whether it was dried or fresh. They would rub their heads, cheeks, and whole body in it, then take off like a shot and race around the house, totally bombed. It was a site to see. Chasing each other, scrambling up the stairs, and flying down them, up to the 2nd floor and down to the basement. Sounded like a herd of buffalo running. Then after about 10 to 15 minutes of this, they would collapse on the sofa for a long nap. I’d be interested in the mouse pattern for making some for the kitties at my own local shelter. What yarn is best for these toys? Have a great week and give Loki a tummy rub for me. M

12. so cute toy mouse :->
    beyza selin´s last blog post ..Bir sandığın 40 yıl hatırı var mı ?

13. Love loki’s pink pads too cute

14. The toy mouse is wonderful. Please do write it up, I know I’ll buy it, those poor babes need all the help they can get!!

15. Lynne in Florida says:

I’ll cheerfully chip in a buck or two for the pattern, and for animal charities.