Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Angelique

Question: what do you do when you have almost full skeins of grey Rowan Kidsilk Haze and Baby Merino Silk DK leftover from knitting a little Loki cat?

Answer: You knit a bunny, of course! Meet Angelique:

Bunny072215a 208x240 Angelique

She is called Angelique because she is fuzzy and sophisticated, therefore I think she is French. 🙂 Angelique still needs a dress. Dotty and Inga offered to loan her one of theirs while she is waiting for me to knit her one, but she pitched a fit about “used dresses” and flat out refused. So I have designed something just for her.

Bunny072215 188x240 Angelique

Stay tuned.

Loki072215 240x220 Angelique

Comments

1. I’m shocked she let you post nude photos of her on the Internet!

2. Lindsey says:

She’s not naked, she’s wearing her tights and shoes. Oo, la, la.

3. I think the tights look very French!
    Jamie´s last blog post ..I’ve Been Pinned!

4. Charlotte says:

Today’s post is so funny. I think I’ve loved inanimate things with anthropomorphic qualities ever since I saw my first light bulb “man” for the electric company many decades ago.

5. Kathleen says:

She is so darn cute! I love her tight and shoes and she darling all knit up in gray with her cute little ears. Is this a pattern you designed or one you purchased?

6. So very cute! and I love your story telling imagination! I look forward to see Angie’s new dress:)

7. I am so enjoying seeing your bunnies and cats, and their clothes. I don’t need to make these at all, but that doesn’t stop me from putting the patterns in my favorites and drooling over the many colors of yarn I could buy to make them (I really like the choices in The Loopy Ewe solid series). I think Angelique is my favorite so far, but I love them all. And I think I need grownup black and white striped tights…

8. Jackie Bartlett says:

Hilarious dress story!

9. Lee Long says:

How adorable.

10. Can’t wait to see the dress you’re designing. I’m almost done with my kitty and she’s going to need lots of dresses!

11. Shirley Gallagher says:

Adorable. You really have a way with cats and bunnies. Looking forward to seeing the new dress.

12. Anne Marie B says:

So cute! I always look forward to your posts!

13. GeniaKnitz says:

She is adorable. *Very* French, I totally agree. And of COURSE she needs her own new dress(es)!

14. Midnite Baker says:

Angelique is gorgeous! But isn’t she just a little bit too prissy to insist on “new” dresses?
    Loki needs a tummy rub from me. Take Care and have a great weekend. M

15. B. Rickman says:

Takes us back to when we were little girls. Dressing up our dolls in clothes. Advantage to making your own dolls (toys) is the fact that you can design all the wardrobe for them. Dresses, suits, shoes hats, scarves, etal…Go for it!

bjr

16. GeniaKnitz says:

Hmmm. Now that I think of it, since Angelique is a French bunny, perhaps you should start to build her wardrobe with a simple, well-tailored grey suit? Then a nice silk blouse, some simple dress shoes, and a black leather handbag?