Ottar Hap Shawl, designed by Kate Davies, knit from Buachaille in the Squall, Ptarmigan, and Islay colorways, using a U.S. size 9 (5.5mm) needle.

Happy Birthday Loki!

Yesterday was Loki’s fifth birthday! In celebration, Loki would like you to have a free copy of my Nose-Up Catnip Mouse. Enter the code LOKI at check-out to get the pattern free of charge. The code is good through the end of the month.

I got Loki a cat ball for his birthday and he loves it!

Loki041716 217x240 Happy Birthday Loki!

Book Giveaway

The winner of my copy of Brooke Nico’s More Lovely Knitted Lace is Gail, who has bene emailed.

Squares

I haven’t reported on the Martin Storey Afghan KAL lately. Here are the first 6 squares (there are 8 total).

Squares041716 240x141 Happy Birthday Loki!

Comments

1. I’d love to get one of those for ToBe and NotToBe but I’m afraid Stuffin’ would just wreck it. She always has to get in on the game. Dogs!

2. Tiffanie says:

Wishing Loki and family a happy day!

3. Happy Birthday, Loki! Hope you had a wonderful day in your new cat ball!

4. Happy birthday Loki! My fur-balls send their best regards ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Happy Birthday Loki ~ so glad you and your mama found each other ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Happy Birthday, Loki. Thank you for the gift! My kitties, Felix and Oscar, send their thanks and best wishes for your birthday!

7. Sophy0075 says:

Happy Birthday, Loki! I’m glad you are enjoying your new present. There is nothing like an enclosed space for a cat, and yours is very cute and fashionable. I can’t let my cats see it or they will be jealous. I will, however, download the catnip mouse pattern your human slave has provided.

8. Happy Birthday Loki!!! You don’t look your age, your mom is keeping you young & trim! Must be all those wonderful cat toys that she makes ๐Ÿ™‚ My Kubi & Dora turned 5 back in December, they say it’s a good age ๐Ÿ™‚ Cheers to many more Loki!!!!! ~Erika in NH

9. Happy Birthday Loki! Can’t believe he is 5 already!!
    Lee Cockrumยดs last blog post ..Bodhisattva

10. Happy birthday Loki and thank you to Wendy for the lovely gift! Wishing you both a lovely day.

11. Happy Birthday Loki!!!

12. Mary Beth says:

I can’t believe it has been 5 years! Wow! Loki always makes me smile. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have fun!

13. Happy Birthday, Loki! My own five-year-old loves her |Kitty Pi,| it’s about the gazillionth one I’ve made and they love them all.

14. Also thanks for the pattern, Wendy! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Happy B-Day Loki! My kitties send mew filled wishes filled with cat nip!

Thanks for the pattern, Wendy! Kitties will SO enjoy!

16. Lauren Kowalczewski says:

Happy Birthday, Loki!! You have a great Mommy to get you such a precious gift.
    Cassie and Zoe send Meww bunches of warm, fuzzy wishes for a great birthday week.
    Thanks so much for the pattern, Wendy.

Warm regards, Lauren

17. The cat ball is awesome!

18. Happy Birthday Loki!
    Enjoy your cat ball. I’m off to make mousies for my girls.
    Thanks so much.

19. Happy birthday, Loki! Love that cat ball – I bet my guys would too! I’d never head of that, so i’m off to check out their website.

20. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOKI!
    may you have many more, love the cat ball, looks great on you!
    thanx for sharing

21. Oh my goodness – happy birthday, Loki! Love the cat ball! Will check those out for my kitties. Thanks so much for the pattern too;O))

22. Thank you for the free pattern — and Happy Birthday to the fluffball!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

23. Happy Birthday Loki! Thanks for the pattern.

24. How did 5 years pass so quickly?! I remember him as a skinny little guy whos fur was no where the gorgeous hunk of fluff he is now! Happy birthday Loki!

25. Happy Birthday Loki!
    I downloaded the pattern for my boys’ pleasure. I saw all proceeds go to animal rescue, and decided not to use the coupon code in Loki’s honor.

26. Happy Birthday, Loki! Thanks so much for the catnip-mouse pattern! ๐Ÿ™‚ >^..^<

27. Happy Birthday Loki!

28. Happy Birthday Loki! So Beautiful!
    Also Congratulations for your 14th blog anniversary.
    I’ll try to knit the mouse for my cats. Thank you very much for everything !

29. Hard to believe it has been 5 years. Loki does seem to be getting fluffier and fluffier though. Thanks for the pattern, Wendy, and please keep blogging…

30. Happy Birthday Loki!
    Lisaยดs last blog post ..Home Improvement

31. Happy Birthday Loki! Thank you for the wonderful gift. I think I’ll knit some for my grandkitties.

32. Loki is adorable in his cat ball! My cat would ignore it and climb into a cardboard box.

33. Happy birthday, Handsome!

34. Gina in the SF Bay Area says:

I hope Loki also had one of his favorite food treats for his birthday. He looks adorable in his new cat ball. Also, thank you for the download of the mouse pattern. I have made a donation to my local Oakland (CA) Animal Services. How can you resist a shelter with a director named Rebecca Katz! I am planning to make a few mice for my son’s adorable Tuxie, a rescue from the McKinleyville CA shelter.

35. Susan (sjanova) says:

Hard to believe it’s 5 years already! He’s a real sweetie.

36. I love “your cat will figure it out” on the catball website. I made your felted cat bed years ago and gave it to friends who didn’t know what it was. They left it on the dining room table thinking it was some kind of serving basket and in the morning the cat was sleeping in it. I told them the cat was smarter than they were!

Happy birthday Loki!