Veronika Cardigan, designed by Shannon Cook, knit from YOTH Daughter in the Black Truffle colorway, using U.S. size 8 needles.

Back Among the Living

You may have noticed that my blog was down for 5 or 6 days. Well, I’m back, and patting myself on the back for figuring out a way to get it back online without intervention of my completely non-responsive hosting company. It is best to draw a veil over the past few days, so that is what I shall do.

First of all, the winner of my review copy of  Modern Baby Knits: 23 Knitted Baby Garments, Blankets, Toys and More! by Tanis Gray is Pam in Kansas, who has been emailed.

May has been an extremely busy month for me so knitting time have been curtailed. I did, however, finish all my afghan squares for the Martin Storey Afghan KAL, and sewed them together:

Afghan052516 240x213 Back Among the Living

I am now working on knitting the edging.

WIP052516 240x151 Back Among the Living

I have edging sewn on one long edge and am working on the second long edge.

Edging052516 240x180 Back Among the Living

And that’s about it.

Except that Loki is still adorable, even when upside-down!

Loki052516 240x240 Back Among the Living

Comments

1. Linda Beyer says:

Glad to have you back, just want to let you know you have been missed.

2. I am so glad you are ok. I was worried.

3. Missed you!

4. Glad you’re back Wendy! Are you by any chance going to do an MKAL this summer? I really missed not doing one last year.

5. Whew! I was getting a little nervous. I was *this close* to starting a thread somewhere on Ravelry asking about you. So glad everything’s okay, and that you’re back!

6. Welcome home! LOVE your afghan! Simply gorgeous!
    And Loki’s pretty cute, too.

7. Sue Cawley says:

Glad it was a hosting disaster and not some other kind. I enjoy your blog immensely.

8. catspaw says:

Glad you’re back. I know things are a bit rough now and I’m thinking of you.

9. Phew! Welcome back. And oh that cat!

10. Sophy0075 says:

You are so industrious! Sorry for you that your web-hosting company isn’t.

11. The afghan is looking really pretty — I like the calming blues.

12. Enjoyable update, and ditto: welcome back!
    Barbara´s last blog post ..Might Could Works

13. Looks like Loki is providing some well needed support! Love the afghan!
    Michele Corbeil´s last blog post ..Badgers in Lime Sweater Bag – Premium Fabric by ThreeBagsFullStudio

14. RobinF. says:

Your afghan is gorgeous. Hope you get your host issues solved. Ear rubs to Loki

15. Gina in the SF Bay Area says:

Glad you’re back and that all is well. With a new computer and a new IP, I have had a ton of technical issues to deal with as well. Customer service these days is a total joke. Even with a new product, they still want to charge you to get to a level of service that “might” deal with your problem. Time is probably better spent figuring out how to fix the issue yourself than dealing with tech support that are essentially sales people.

16. Knitsiam says:

Long time reader; enjoy the blog tremendously but usually stay quietly in the background with a quick note to welcome you back to the “air”; obviously not the only one who felt some concern. Take care,

17. Leslie F says:

Welcome back and glad you fix it yourself. I think assembling the blanket and starting the edging counts for quite a lot of project! As usual, it looks great.

18. Oh, I’m glad to see you back! i was hoping that it was hosting error and am very happy to be correct.

19. Shirley Gallagher says:

Welcome back, I was getting a little worried about you. The blanket is looking good, and Loki always looks good.

20. Who would have ever thought that an afghan of such simple squares could look so high style. The whole is so much more than the sum of its parts, very very pretty (and snuggly looking).

21. Marietta says:

Did you substitute a variation of the moss spots square for the lace heart? I have kept trying to figure out why your configuration looks different than mine, other that the color-way. I chose the spice color-way, but square 7 of mine is a lace heart square. Not a really noticeable different look, just rather subtle, but still different.