Veronika Cardigan, designed by Shannon Cook, knit from YOTH Daughter in the Black Truffle colorway, using U.S. size 8 needles.

Kinsale, Completed

I have finally, two months after starting it, completed Kinsale.

Kinsale062216 222x240 Kinsale, Completed

To recap, this design is from Alice Starmore’s Fishermen’s Sweaters and I made mine out of┬áAppalachian Baby Design Organic Cotton. I love, love, love the finished sweater as much as I hate, hate, hate knitting with that yarn.

That yarn is WICKED splitty. I had to slow down my knitting to ensure that I caught all four plies of the yarn. Even though I was very careful, many times I stopped and dropped down a couple of rows to pick up a loose ply. Very time consuming.

So it seemed like a good time to knit something really fun:

WIP062216 240x134 Kinsale, Completed

Do you know what that is?

Loki does, but he is not telling!

Loki062216 240x169 Kinsale, Completed

Comments

1. Honestly, at this moment, from this angle, it looks like the most fun panty liner ever, but I’m guessing it’s something else. ­čśë
    sprite┬┤s last blog post ..ten things on this summerÔÇÖs bucket list

2. Oh my – Sprite’s comment just made me actually laugh out loud….

Beautiful sweater!!!
    Caroline┬┤s last blog post ..Almost there

3. Tiffanie says:

Kinsale is lovely. I have a special place in my heart for a fisherman’s sweater.

I wonder if your new project might be the Fort Tryon Wrap. It is on my list of things I want to knit. Garger stitch is so cozy.

Loki is adorable as always. Isn’t is wonderful how a kitty can keep a secret?

4. A slipper?

5. Love the sweater!! I love your “I have finally, two months after starting it, completed Kinsale”.
    That would have taken me months, maybe years! You are crazy fast!
    I think that is the bottom of a slipper! Am I correct, Loki?

6. Patricia says:

I’m also thinking Fort Tyron wrap, or a felted kitty oval.

7. Ha!ha! Sprite!
    My first thought was slipper, but maybe the bottom of a bag?
    Kristen┬┤s last blog post ..Father’s Day 2016

8. Oh, and Kinsale was worth the yarn headache- lovely.
    Kristen┬┤s last blog post ..Father’s Day 2016

9. Your Kinsale is gorgeous – I love Alice Starmore and I love Aran sweaters. And I hate splitty yarn – I had to do an order to a time limit using splitty yarn and it drove me insane :-).
    Is your mystery item either a slipper bottom (first guess) or the bottom of a bag (second guess after thinking a little)?

10. Lynne S. says:

Kinsale is beautiful – good for you for soldiering on. Uh…a slipper?

11. Brigitte says:

Hi Wendy, beautiful Kinsale – isn’t this your second one?! I remember the last one you made (scary how I remember your AS f/o’s). At the risk of coming across as a total nerd…oh, what the hey…it was in a peachy (cotton mix, I think) colour, Debbie Bliss yarn? Or Rowan? Same diff, lol. If I’m right I’ll jog around the block tomorrow during my lunch hour in the heat and humidity (yeah, wait for that, lol!).

My vote is for a handbag?

12. Love the Kinsale! But what’s not to love about a whole bunch of cabley goodnes.
    Fort Tyron Wrap is my guess, too.

13. I’m guessing the bottom of a shoe or boot

14. Myra Harrell Fleming says:

Knit project bag? Or something for Loki…? Your sweater turned out lovely…like the neckline.

15. While it’s always frustrating when the yarn fights you every inch of the way, there’s nothing better than a classic fisherman’s sweater and yours is lovely.
    Barbara┬┤s last blog post ..FO | Angletyn Vivid

16. Teresa K says:

A new cat bed!!! I’ll bet Loki would be really interested in that!

17. I love the sweater! So pretty. I have no clue what that second item is though…Love the colors already though ­čÖé
    Tanya┬┤s last blog post ..You Might Have Hired the Wrong Person If ├ó┬Ç┬Ž

18. I love your Kinsale! It is absolutely gorgeous! I am thinking the item you are knitting is the bottom of a knitting bag.

19. what a beautiful sweater. I am amazed you only took 2 months to do this. I wonder if Loki will spill the beans if we give him some catnip?

20. Your sweater is beautiful..Thanks for the warning about the cotton.

I think your secret looks like a slipper. Pretty!

21. Mary Lou says: