Veronika Cardigan, designed by Shannon Cook, knit from YOTH Daughter in the Black Truffle colorway, using U.S. size 8 needles.

Roll Call

First of all, my review copy of  60 Quick Knitted Toys: Fun, Fabulous Knits in the 220 Superwash® Collection from Cascade Yarns® is on its way to Naomi R. Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway!

Roll Call!

Here are all eight of my little urchins, all dressed up and ready to leave for new homes.

RollCall030817 240x131 Roll Call

I restrung the limbs on all these dolls, cleaned them up, removed any marks and stains, and got everyone’s hair in shape. Some of them got new wigs, some got some deep conditioning, and some just needed some brushing and styling.

And I sewed little outfit for each one.

These dolls are being mailed in groups of 2 or 3 to the Butterfly Ministry for Girls in South Carolina. The first group of 3 dolls is setting out on their journey tomorrow. The Butterfly Ministry, located in South Carolina,  provides to girls living in area foster homes,  group homes, and shelters American Girl dolls of their very own. If you would like to donate to them, do check out their website, linked above. There are many different ways you can give. And it’s such a great cause!

An appropriate charity to highlight on International Women’s Day I think.

Loki is just happy that these 8 little interlopers are leaving.

Loki030817 240x161 Roll Call

Comments

1. First! Wondered at the doll clothes, sounds like a good program.

2. Tiffanie says:

The little ladies look marvelous in their new clothes, ready for new adventures. And their shoes and hair are very nice, too. Glad to see the ginger-haired doll front and center.

3. Rosemary says:

What a wonderful thing to do! I know these dolls will mean a lot to their new “mommies!”

4. Dorothy Bunch says:

They are beautiful! What a great job you did. I do worry that Loki
    Might be a little stressed! ☺

5. Good job, Wendy. They’re beautiful and will be much appreciated in their new homes. It brought tears to my eyes.

6. Where did you get the dolls in the first place? It sounds like they have been through the mill.
    I really admire the clothes-I started sewing doll clothes for the granddaughters’ dolls but yours are OMG. I can really appreciate the time and effort you put into them.

7. Laritza says:

How wonderful!
    Are you going to do more?

8. Barbara A. says:

Ohhhh, Wendy! How wonderful! Thank you for sharing this! Some lucky girls will be over the moon with your kindness.

9. Joan from Wisconsin says:

That is so wonderful – and I also would like to know where you found the dolls to refurbish, etc. The clothes you made were beautiful. Thanks.

10. Sophy0075 says:

You will have made eight little girls in South Carolina very happy. Your work is gorgeous. Well done you!

11. Christiane says:

Loki is exhausted, He was keeping these little girls in check so they would not invade his territory. Congratulations on making these little dolls and keeping up with your knitting.

12. catspaw says:

Good job but I’m not sure Loki will ever recover. How’s Wanda? How’s Teddy?

13. Sherry B. says:

I also would like to know where you got the dolls to ‘refurbish’ as this is something I could do for this wonderful sounding group. Beautiful work you did, Wendy!

14. Mary Lou says:

Brava!

15. Shirley Gallagher says:

Well done!

16. The dolls look so beautiful! I am sure they will go to some happy little girls. That was a great thing to do!

17. SoxyJane says:

What a fabulous thing to do for International Women’s Day! Thank you for providing the link to Butterfly Ministry – i have just contacted them about donating AG doll clothes.

18. They are adorable – what a great cause!

19. What a lovely thing to do! Those little girls will never forget receiving such beautiful gifts <3