Veronika Cardigan, designed by Shannon Cook, knit from YOTH Daughter in the Black Truffle colorway, using U.S. size 8 needles.

Wendy Used to Knit

I’m thinking about changing my online name to Wendy-Used-to_Knit.

It’s not so much that I’ve gone off knitting, more that I’ve rediscovered sewing. I am now knitting maybe one night a week and the rest of the evenings are devoted to handsewing doll clothes. Here are some recent creations.

Stays for Felicity:

StaysFront043017 225x240 Wendy Used to Knit

And the back:

StaysBack043017 240x214 Wendy Used to Knit

A dress for Molly:

MollyDress043017 156x240 Wendy Used to Knit

A dress for Samantha:

SamanthaDress043017 147x240 Wendy Used to Knit

And a dress for Kirsten:

KerstinDress043017 134x240 Wendy Used to Knit

And Loki is keeping up with his nap schedule!

Loki043017 240x179 Wendy Used to Knit

Comments

1. So precious! I need to spend more time sewing…

2. Mary Lou Keenan says:

Very lovely doll clothes!

3. Susan murphy says:

Very nice that you are doing this project. Are you designing your own?? Are you restoring the dolls too???? Curious….thanks.

4. Peggy connolly says:

Could you use an american girl doll?
    I bought one at a rummage sale. I think she’s a modern

5. Barbara A. says:

Wendy, you are amazing no matter what you do! I am absolutely in awe of your God-given talent!

6. I agree with Barbara, you are amazing no matter what craft you do (but please keep knitting. 😉 )

I’ve been watching YouTubes lately on how to hand-sew buttonholes with silk thread and also finding special-task thimbles I never knew existed, and I’ve discovered (again from online stuff) that seamstresses and tailors use a fancy waxed hand-sewing thread called N.B.T. silamide which comes in cool, flat skeins that are super cheap, and it all has made me start sewing clothes again after years of knitting, so I totally can’t blame you.

7. Myra Harrell Fleming says:

Wendy, these are so cute. You are so allowed to have many passions and to weave in and out as needed. Love, love…

8. The doll clothes are really pretty. Sometimes it’s fun to take a break and work on another craft!

9. Charlottewv says:

Wendy, you’re just soo talented! I love seeing and reading about your creations, whether they’re knitted or sewn. And it’s always good to what sweet Loki is doing. ?

10. Celeste says:

I have followed your blog for years and will continue no matter what you write about.
    If it’s sewing for the near future go for it, just make sure Loki is included, eh?

11. I love Loki’s little couch!

12. Your knitting, if I recall, was mostly garments/accessories for yourself. But sewing seems to be all about the charity dolls.
    I’m not “down” on charity, by any means, but maybe you should think of Dickens Fair or RenFaire or some other cosplay stuff for yourself???
    Just an idea. & anyway — knit, sew; people wear, doll wear: It’s all gorgeous.

PS. I am grateful that you’re not into dressing up the little prince.

13. Mary Osborne says:

I used to do a LOT of sewing, but never for dolls. Your work is exquisite, just like your knitting!

Have been lurking, but not posting, thought it was time to do so!

A belated Happy Birthday to Loki – too sweet

MaryO1230
    San Pedro, CA

14. Pam Huang says:

I hope you keep showing the results of your sewing as I love seeing the doll clothes – some little girl will be thrilled to receive your gift. Have you tried knitting any garments for them?

15. Gloria Alvarez says:

Sewing is satisfying–you get something finished in record time, compared to knitting. I sew when I need a finished object fix. Right now I’m working on a knitted advent calendar, with hats, mittens, and a riff on your baby-sock pattern with the star toe from a few years ago. I’ll be finished with that in a couple of weeks, and I don’t know what I’ll do next. Maybe clean up my craft room! Anyway, I’m glad *you* have projects–you inspire me.

16. Suzann says:

How about Wendy Also Knits? Cause you still do. The dolls are beautiful. Each outfit is unique.