The Shift, designed by Andrea Mowry, knit from Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool, using 3.75mm.

Almost . . .

The winner of a copy of Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book is Laritza, who has been emailed. Thank you to everyone who left a comment!

Meanwhile, I am coming down the homestretch on my Strathendrick.

WIP031118 500x375 Almost . . .

It is done apart from the bottom ribbing.

Here’s a closer view of the neckband:

Neckband031118 500x375 Almost . . .

And of the shoulder seam:

Shoulder031118 500x375 Almost . . .

I did a three-needle bind-off on the shoulders, and worked it so the front and back were worked to the halfway point of the pattern repeat, so it flows nicely with no interruption in the pattern.

The bottom ribbing is going to take a while. You work the front and back separately to make a split ribbing. One thing I think should have been done in the pattern is to direct you to work one round of one color after doing the provisional cast-on at the bottom of the body, rather than jump right in and start the colorwork. Undoing a provisional cast-on on stranded colorwork is not fun.

Other than that, no problems. I’m looking forward to miles of twisted rib this week. At least I will be when Loki is not sitting in my lap!

Loki031118 500x494 Almost . . .

Comments

1. Elaine in NYC says:

The sweater is lovely, but the latest photo of his floofiness is spectacular!

2. beautiful boy

3. My jaw dropped when I saw the shoulder seam. Seriously? Good thing to keep in the back of one’s mind should I ever get to this point. Lovely

4. Wow – the sweater is gorgeous, as is Loki!

5. So very excited! I won the book! So looking forward to it!
    Thank you!

6. That shoulder seam is amazing!!

7. Sophy0075 says:

Your work is a masterpiece!

8. Gorgeous sweater! & gorgeous kitty;O))

9. Gorgeous knitting. your attention to detail- like the bind off is amazing. Loki should be more impressed.

10. Marylyn Sidle says:

What a magnificent sweater Wendy! It is so beautiful! Definitely worth all the time and effort that went into creating it!.

11. Your sweater is Gorgeous and those shoulder seams are perfection!
    Jeannie Gray´s last blog post ..Makers’ Monday

12. Mary Lou Keenan says:

Absolutely gorgeous! I wish I lived where I could wear such lovely knitted work! Although it’s chilly enough today in Florida to wear a sweater!

13. Lynne S. says:

Strathendrick looks terrific. The shoulder seams are perfect; a technique I’ll have to use myself (why didn’t I think of that…). And thanks for the heads-up re provisional cast-on followed by colourwork. I’m definitely going to remember that. Give His Floofiness a hug for me.

14. Your Strathendrick.is gorgeous!!! I so appreciate your tips and suggestions for three needle cast off and provisional cast-on. Your sweater is so beautiful! Loki doesn’t seem interested. I think he prefers your lap.

15. So beautiful! It’s a sign….Loki doesn’t want you to hurt your wrists on twisted rib lol

16. It is gorgeous!

17. Lisa Ingle says:

Beautiful! Your work is amazing. give Loki a hug for us

18. Beautiful sweater!