Comfort Fade Cardi by Andrea Mowry, knit from Miss Babs  Kaweah in the Parchment, Old Gold, Petrified Forest, and Espresso colorways, using 3.75mm and 4mm needles.

Third Quadrant

I am still working on the third quadrant of my Rose Cardigan — this is the back left piece:

WIP041518 500x375 Third Quadrant

I ought to be able to finish it tonight or tomorrow, The it will be one to the last quadrant: right front. After that, there is still a lot of work to be done on the cardigan — all the ribbing, the neck/front bands, and of course seaming.

The pattern calls for a sportweight yarn, but the yarn I am using , Malabrigo Mechita, is listed as a fingering weight. But knit at the pattern gauge, it makes the most gorgeous drapey knitted fabric. And I think the dyeing is perfect for the pattern. It looks wonderful in reverse stockinette stitch. This adds up to a make this a very enjoyable project. One the one hand I am eager to finish this to  see how it looks completed, but on the other hand, I’ll miss knitting this.

Someone has a Birthday Coming Up

Hard to believe, but Loki is turning seven years old on Monday, April 16. He was two years old when I adopted him, so I never knew him as a kitten.

Loki041518 500x375 Third Quadrant

Can you imagine what an adorable kitten he must have been?

Happy birthday, Loki!

Comments

1. Kitten or not, he’s still adorable!

2. Susanne Scheurwater says:

He is sooo adorable and HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOKI, get your Mama to give you a scritch from me…here in still cool, cloudy, Edmonton, AB in Canada!!

3. Lynne S. says:

Happy Birthday, Loki! You truly are adorable!

4. Happy birthday to Loki! Leave that sweater alone when it’s being blocked!

5. He’s very handsome- Can’t wait to see the finished sweater.

6. patricia says:

Happy Birthday Handsome Loki!

Pepper will have treats in your honor.

7. Happy Birthday Loki! Our two babies, Peanut and Cassie, send their best wishes for your special day !

8. He IS adorable! I never realized before but I think of him as a young cat, probably because he’s your “new” cat. 🙂

9. LGinCharleston says:

Happy Birthday Loki, you handsome kitty!!

10. Lauren I Kowalczewski says:

Wendy, the cardigan is coming along beautifully!! Can’t wait to see it finished.

Loki…..Cassie and Zoe wish you the meow-iest Birthday ever!!

Sooo, happy knitting and Happy Birthday to you…both.

11. Happy Birthday Loki!!!!!

Wendy your cardigan is coming along beautifully; anxious to see it finished.

12. Happy Birthday Loki! You are still adorable.

13. Happy Birthday Loki! You don’t look a day over 3!

14. bluetoespinner says:

Happy Birthday Loki, you handsome young man!

15. Happy Birthday Loki!
    Jeannie Gray´s last blog post ..Makers’ Monday

16. Happy birthday, Loki! You are entering middle-age catdom with dignity and style! Not to mention tons of snorgle-abiliiness!

17. Lestersmama says:

Wishing Loki a very happy birthday!

18. geniaknitz says:

Actually, I CAN picture Loki as a kitten, because we have a white cat that we adopted as a 7-week-old rescue kitty, and he was a little doll. Also, a little devil – he never stopped racing around. He’s 12 now, and considerably more sedate, but still an adorable white love.
    Our Harry Potter sends birthday wishes to your Loki, and we wish them many, many more!

19. Aaw, happy birthday to Loki. He’s around the same age as our Tuffy, who the vet estimates was 2 years old when we adopted him. I try to imagine how cute he must have been as a little black and white kitten.
    Kristen Chambers´s last blog post ..Stitches 2018

20. Beautiful, and Happy Birthday sweet boy

21. Charlottewv says:

Loki is soo gorgeous, and was surely a beautiful kitten! Happy Birthday, sweet Loki!! 🐾❤️

22. Beautiful colorway for the sweater. Hard to believe Loki is 7. Happy Birthday, sweet boy;O))

23. Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy!!

24. Can’t wait to see the finished cardigan. The colors you’ve picked are incredibly beautiful!

Happy birthday to Loki! May he have many more!

25. Happy birthday loki!!!!