Comfort Fade Cardi by Andrea Mowry, knit from Miss Babs  Kaweah in the Parchment, Old Gold, Petrified Forest, and Espresso colorways, using 3.75mm and 4mm needles.

Wool Studio: The Knitwear Capsule Collection

A couple of weeks ago I was offered a review copy of this:

Cover042218 Wool Studio: The Knitwear Capsule Collection

This is Wool Studio: The Knitwear Capsule Collection from Interweave, which came out last week. The editorial description of the book reads:

Wool Studio is a capsule collection for the modern knitter that features sophisticated, simple, and luxurious knitting designs.

That pretty much says it all. What a lovely collection of patterns! You can see all 21 patterns on Ravelry, here. These patterns are not new, but are curated from Interweave’s previous Wool Studio collections, which were digital only. This is the first Wool Studio available as a hard copy book.

And there is a lot to love! Some of my favorites:

Provincetown042218 Wool Studio: The Knitwear Capsule Collection

Provincetown Pullover by Amanda Bell is a loose-fitting cozy turtleneck knit in DK weight yarn. The pattern has a nice range of sizes. I love the extra ribbing detail at the neck.

MalibuCowl042218 500x334 Wool Studio: The Knitwear Capsule Collection

Susanna IC’s Malibu Cowl is also knit from DK weight yarn. It would be lovely in a tonal hand dyed yarn.

Brewster042218 334x500 Wool Studio: The Knitwear Capsule Collection

Linda Marveng’s Brewster Cardigan (another one worked in DK weight) has a clever cowl incorporated as an extension of the collar (it can be omitted entirely if you prefer).

These are just a few. Which one is your favorite?

Tell me which design you like best in a comment by Sunday, April 29, 2018 at noon, and you will be entered in a drawing to win this lovely hardcover book of patterns.

Loki

Loki would like to thank everyone for your lovely birthday wishes. He had a great day. Here he is right after he opened his presents:

Loki042218 500x453 Wool Studio: The Knitwear Capsule Collection

No, he is not spoiled AT ALL.

Comments

1. I was really hoping that the skirt in the cowl photo was a pattern in the book, but it doesn’t appear to be! I really like the Truro pullover, though. Nice ribby goodness, there.

2. Lovely collection. The Avila Tee is my favourite–I’m partial to loose, flowy garments.

3. I love that cardigan with the huge cowl!

4. I think the Malibu Cowl would look great in handspun.

5. Tiffanie says:

Agree with Katie’s comment, the Brewster Cardigan/Cowl has me itching for sweater quantities of yarn, and that rarely happens these days!

Loki is adorable as always. Such a good boy!

6. Malibu cowl looks beautiful!

7. What do i like? The Monterey tee! It has lace, and no sleeves to knit.

It appears that Loki had a happy birthday.

8. Lynne S. says:

I think the Monterey tee is elegant.

9. I seriously am gobsmacked by that Provincetown Pullover but clearly not as gobsmacked as Loki is by his presents!

10. The Brewster Cardigan is my favorite!

11. Omg. The Malibu Cowl and the Brewster Cardigan. They are both awesome. I’m a sucker for cowls. I also love books over ebooks. And happy belated birthday Loki.

12. Paulette Schirmer says:

My favorite would have to be the Brewster Cardigan! That is an awesome cardigan that would look great in a variety of colors.

13. patricia says:

“…he is not spoiled at all.” Exactly what I thought!

14. I love the Provincetown Pullover.

15. Debbie M says:

Beautiful designs. I like the Avila Tee. It looks like it ha the perfect drape for me. Thanks for alerting us to this book, Wendy!

16. Great patterns! My favorite is the Pismo Beach pullover. Thanks Wendy!

17. I love the Provincetown Pullover. I need a nice winter sweater and this looks like a perfect candidate.

18. Provincetown Pullover is wonderful but I think my first choice is Pebble Beach Ruana. The detail on it is gorgeous! All the designs are lovely-oversize is everywhere this year!
    Rav ID: Ettenna

19. Anne Marie B. says:

Happy Birthday, Loki! I love Susanna IC’s Malibu Cowl!

20. Oh goodness, I love the Falmouth Cardigan! I could see making two- one pretty much as they have it, but also one in a alpaca or mohair lacey gauge.

21. Deborah Gajee says:

My favorite is the Falmouth Cardigan. Cape Cod is my favorite place to vacation so it is so fitting.

22. Ginger Klein says:

I last be the Brewster cardigan. Or maybe it’s he cowl that appeals…🤔

23. Seems to be a trend-love the Brewster Cardigan, too!

24. I really like the Chatham pullover, it looks light but compfy at the same time.

25. Peggy AKA PickleSoup says:

Wow! Thanks for the offer! The Santa Cruz Wrap has me drooling. Looks like something I would try to break down and make into a sweater too. Very cool!

26. I love Susanna IC’s Malibu Cowl! All are beautiful!

27. I would love to knit the Hartwick Top for myself. This looks like something I would wear quite often. So many others are equally beautiful. Nice collection.

28. Martha Rice says:

I am drawn to the Malibu Cowl. Although cold weather is over for the season (I hope), it’s never too early to start knitting for next fall.

29. I can’t decide between the Avila top and the Pebble Beach Ruana. So I would love to mske both!

30. Lauren I Kowalczewski says:

Awww, Loki is such a lucky boy!! A very nice bunch of goodies.

I love the Monterey Tee and the Santa Cruz Wrap….I think with the same yarn, they’ll make a gorgeous pair for summer nights!!

I’m sttll waiting….one of these days, I’ll win. I’ll never gve up……I’ll not getting any younger…..but I’ll never, ever give up!!!

31. I really like the look of the Avila Tee – it’s strikingly different.
    Happy Birthday, Loki!

32. The Brewster Cardigan looks intriguing. Happy birthday, Loki! 😻🎂🎁🎉🎈🎊

33. The Provincetown Pullover is a great interpretation of classic elements: cowl neck, always flattering; ribbing, hardly a sweater without a bit of ribbing somewhere; clean lines in the body of the sweater, with a smooth texture to maintain and balance all the elements. Can’t go wrong!

34. I really like the neck of the Provincetown Pullover too. Apparently it’s brioche.

35. Rocksolana says:

My absolute favorite would have to be the Thousand Oaks Scarf. The apparent asymmetry and variety of cables makes it so interesting. It captures the attention.

36. Christine Frostenson says:

I love the Malibu cowl—so light and lovely! So many yarn possibilities, too!

37. Patsy Coats says:

My favorite is Truro Pullover or Chatham Pullover.

38. Love the boy and his presents! My favorite is Pebble Beach Ruana. Looks like a neat book.

39. Hi!

…my current fave….Susanna IC’s Malibu Cowl since I am currently eager to knit chevron patterns and learn effects with “fades” and color blends, etc.

I also love the patterns included with their contemporary diverse shapes and fabric construction…AHH

40. Love the Malibu cowl! Ooh la la!

41. Linda Beyer says:

I really love the Provincetown sweater, I could see that being my go to sweater.

42. Celeste Culpepper says:

Hyannis Port Pullover is my favourite one.

But, I really want to know what the blue rubber looking cat toy (on the right side of the picture) is. My kitties may need one, eh?

43. Jeri Weiser says:

I like the Truro Pullover – interesting construction. Looks like a fun knit.

Looking forward to seeing your finished Rose Cardigan!

44. I love the Brewster sweater and cowl. I can see myself wearing it.

45. Rebecca J. says:

The sweater on the cover is my favorite. I’m a sucker for a light lacey sweater. I love layers!

46. Cynthia C. says:

Happy Belated Birthday to Loki! 🙂 Please enter me in the drawing for the book. >^..^<

47. RoseannE says:

With so many lovely and unique patterns from which to choose, is hard to pick a favorite. But, since winter finally seems to be behind us and summer is just ahead, I’d probably knit the Monterey Tee first.

Thank you for opportunity to win this book!

48. Gloria Alvarez says:

Gorgeous things for my daughter up north. A few less for me living in the deep, humid, hot South. But I love the Avila tee and the Pebble Beach Ruana. Those would be fun to put together.

Thanks for sharing!

49. I’m a big fan of anything Susanna IC designs, but I also know I’d get a ton of wear out of the Truro pullover! And happy birthday to the puffy prince!

50. Tiffany C. says:

I so love the sweater, with or without the cowl!

51. I like the Pismo Beach pullover, myself. That lace detail….

52. Helene Ross says:

I love the Monterey tee, but I’m not sure how they get lace with a DK on a 4 and 5. Happy belated birthday to Loki. 🙂

53. Oooh! I love all the patterns. The Avila Tee is probably my fav. but I also want to knit Provincetown. I love the roominess of it. But then the cowl on the cardigan would hide my belly…. Yikes! I may have to knit them all!
    Jeannie Gray´s last blog post ..Makers’ Monday

54. I like several of these designs, but I think my favorite is the Falmouth Cardigan.

55. Hard to pick just one from such a lovely collection. I think Brewster would win 🙂

56. My favorite is Loki! It’s a shame you don’t have a pattern for him!

57. Beautiful Loki that is my favourite

58. Provincetown Pullover for sure! Planning to leave somewhat sunny CA for New Hampshire in the near future, and I suspect a turtleneck or 2 would be good to have.

Also, Loki is adorable!
    Diann Lippman´s last blog post ..Stitches West 2016 Recap

59. Chris Reeske says:

Took a look and I’m fond of the Santa Cruz Wrap. Got some yarn just ready for it.

60. I just love the Monterrey tee

61. That is indeed a lovely collection, with lots to like. I really like the look of the construction of the Chatham sweater. Very interesting!

62. I think Falmouth Cardigan is the loveliest.

63. Patti Rounsevell says:

Provincetown pullover looks great to me.

64. Kat Kline says:

The Chatham pullover is the one that speaks loudest to me.

Loki isn’t spoiled at all…he just has you well trained!

65. Caroline says:

Oh, my! The Big Sur pullover is my favorite.

66. I love the Provincetown Pullover. And goodness, if you can’t spoil Loki, what’s the point?

67. I can’t decide between the Pebble Beach Ruana, the Thousand Oaks scarf or the Santa Cruz wrap. I’d love to make the Pebble Beach Ruana. Just enough to keep me interested, and I love wearing linen. The Santa Cruz wrap is so geometric, it makes me happy. Then there’s the asymmetry of Thousand Oaks. SO many great patterns.