Plaid Cowl, my own design, knit from Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool, using 3.75mm.

The Shift

Here’s what I did last week:

TheShift051318 500x468 The Shift

This is The Shift, a cowl design by Andrea Mowry. I’ve turned into an Andrea Mowry fangirl, it seems. Her patterns are very well-written and her designs are pretty. What’s not to like?

I used Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool sportweight wool yarn in three green colorways: Deep Bump, Huldra, and Swerve. The cowl is worked flat and then seamed. Here it is lying flat:

ShiftFlat051318 375x500 The Shift

And the flip side, showing the back seam:

ShiftFlat051318a 375x500 The Shift

The color is most accurate in the first photo. This was a very fun knit, and it took me just exactly a week to complete. I’m now working on a non-public project, but that should take me just a few days, and then I need to find a project that will last me to the end of May. Why is that? Because Camp Loopy starts on June 1! I’ve already picked out my June project and have my yarn. Do you?

Loki sez:

Loki051318 500x375 The Shift

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommies out there!

Comments

1. Loki’s mommy is so lucky to have him.

2. Very nice colors, beautiful cowl!

3. Suzanne says:

Lovely colors! You are so quick, I’m on the second to the last section and have been working on it for over a month. My plan is to finish it before Camp Loopy so I am sort of drawing it out so I don’t get the itch to start something new before then.

4. Melody Bryan says:

Very pretty finish, love the colors! Why yes of course I am doing camp Loopy, it’s my 6th year I think. My yarn arrived yesterday and I’m still looking at patterns. I always enjoy seeing the amazing projects you Knit for CL. Happy Mommy day to you from your Loki baby.

5. Jean Palionis says:

That pattern is gorgeous, and you do such nice work!

6. Wow, that is stunning and also it looks like a lot of fun to knit!

7. Lynne S. says:

Gorgeous, Wendy. Kinda reminds me of brocade.

8. LOL, My under caffeinated brain kept reading your blog title without the “f.” I kept looking at it, thinking, ‘That’s a surprising title!’ Then I scrolled down and saw the photo and thought, “That is the Sh*t! That cowl is gorgeous!” And then I finally realized I’d overlooked that all important ‘f.’ But what ever it’s called, it’s a gorgeous pattern and I love the color combination you’ve used.
    Jeannie Gray´s last blog post ..Makers’ Monday

9. Your Shift is beautiful! And thanks for the Camp Loopy shout out! I’m still trying to figure out what I am doing for June. Thinking about the Leonardo Shawl right now.

10. patricia says:

A couple of my knitting pals made The Shift. One of them always says the name slowly and clearly to make sure the ‘f’ is heard! Yours and theirs- very lovely! I agree- looks like brocade!.

11. Robin F says:

Lovely greens. I’m trying to finish up 2 WIPS so I can cast on June 1 for camp-my yarn and t-shirt arrived this past weekend. See you at the campfire.

12. geniaknitz says:

Gorgeous cowl, Wendy, almost as lovely as the Loke.
    Where did you get your Spincycle Yarns? I love the colors Drea used but I’m having trouble finding them.

13. geniaknitz says:

Grrr. LOKI, of course!

14. geniaknitz, I purchased some Spincycle yarn from Fancy Tiger Crafts and some from Mason-Dixon Knitting
    Wendy´s last blog post ..The Shift