The Throwback by Andrea Mowry, knit from Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Worsted and Spincycle Yarns Dream State, using 4.5mm and 5mm needles.

Plaid Cowl

Here is my Plaid Cowl, completed.

PlaidCowl062418 495x500 Plaid Cowl

My own design, this is knit from Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool in two colorways: Devilish Grin and Nostalgia. It’s 48″ in circumference.

PlaidCowlFlat062418 500x248 Plaid Cowl

I do plan to release the pattern, but I want to knit another one at a smaller circumference, in a totally different yarn. This yarn:

Yarn062418 283x500 Plaid Cowl

This is Shibui Birch, 100% merino wool. It’s a single-ply sportweight. It seems quite fine to be considered sportweight but it has a nice halo, and I think that halo will make it knit up at a sportweight gauge quite nicely. There are currently 273 projects knit from this yarn posted in Ravelry, and the reviews of the yarn are very good, so I look forward to working with it.

The Little Prince says hello.

Loki062418 500x375 Plaid Cowl

Comments

1. Mary Pat says:

Looking forward to seeing your pattern.

Hi “Little Prince”

2. Wow, that is stunning! And the colors are so cheerful. The shibui in black and white will give it a completely different personality.

3. Love the colors of the original and the one to come- Looking forward to the pattern release. how about a small cowl for Loki?

4. Barbara Burrs says:

Beyond gorgeous, Wendy! Loki agrees!

5. Venice Smith says:

That’s really lovely. I’m not big on cowls (I live in Florida!), but I love the design of that plaid and look forward to the release of the pattern. I assume this is done in the round, so when the time comes to tidy up your pattern for release, perhaps you could add a pointer or two for knitting flat for those of us who would convert it to a scarf or other rectangle. If you need a tester, I’m available!

Thank you for continuing this blog. I do love it and much prefer it over IG. Thank you also for all your tips, help and wonderful patterns. I have all your books and have made many of your socks.

6. Oooh! Gorgeous cowl! Can’t wait for the pattern!

7. GeniaKnitz says:

I just happen to have both Devilish Grin and Nostalgia in my stash – looking forward to the the release of your gorgeous cowl pattern. Also went to Ravelry to see what it said about ShiBui Birch and discovered that it is available at my closest LYS! AND the gorgeous Icon pattern, knit in Birch. Happy me, two more patterns for my list – I need never run out of projects to do (only sufficient time in which to do them).

The little princes in my house, Harry and Hobbes, send greetings back to your Little Prince!

8. poodletail says:

Gorgeous pattern, Wendy. Quivering with antici ……. pation for the Shibui photos.

9. Beth in Maryland says:

I love this!

10. That’s a gorgeous cowl. I rarely buy knitting patterns but I might make an exception.

11. Dying for this pattern…stunning in colors but can’t wait to see it in black & white…so chic!

12. Lovely! I have never done colorwork but this wouldn’t be a good starter project, I am guessing.
    Lol.

13. Lynne S. says:

It’s beautiful!

14. Cool! I hope you release the pattern soon!