Geiger by Norah Gaughan, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the “Schwefel” colorway, using 3.25mm and 3.75mm needles.

Geiger Completed

I actually finished Geiger quite a while ago – November 12. I missed posting last week due to a number of unfortunate Real Life events (sounds like the name of a novel) that have distracted me from knitting. I am doing my best to, in the words of Elizabeth Zimmermann, “knit on with confidence through all crises.”

Anyway, Geiger front:

geigerfront112518 197x240 Geiger Completed

And Geiger back:

geigerback112518 166x240 Geiger Completed

I am delighted with this knit — it was challenging and highly entertaining. I used Wollmeise Merino DK in the Schwefel colorway. Here’s a close-up of one of the adorable bronze edelweiss buttons I selected for it:

geigerbutton112518 240x147 Geiger Completed

Back to the grind! As you can see, Loki is, as always, hard at work:

Loki112518 240x180 Geiger Completed

Comments

1. Wendy, it’s simply gorgeous!!!

2. Ruth Porter says:

Stunning!

3. That is fabulous!

4. Sophisticated sweater, the back is very nice. Everything seem perfect.

5. Lovely!

6. Very beautiful

7. A work of art! Love the button too.

8. I am intrigued by your button band bind off. Your sweater is beautiful.

9. What a beautiful sweater!
    Loki’s face 😀

10. Stunning! It’s just beautiful. And the button is perfect.

I too am curious about the edge of your button band.

11. That is just beautiful!!! And I love te color you chose to knit it in ~

12. Absolutely breathtaking, I would not tackle it in December with all the pressure around the Holidays. Congratulations for finishing in time for the blast of cold that descended on the East Coast. I love Ms Norah Gaughan works, maybe next year. Tell Loki that his job is extremely important and that his coat is fabulous.

13. Wendy, your knitting skill is amazing and what’s more amazing is how quickly you finish complex patterns. Stunning!

14. Marla A Ford says:

Gorgeous – a work of art.

15. Absolutely stunning! Do you like the fit? I hope real life calms down for you.

16. Your knitting of this gorgeous complicated design reminds me of a chance conversation with a beachcomber type guy my family and I met at an outdoor cafe — who saw me knitting and told me about his love for intricate intarsia patterns – think Annabel Fox. “The more complicated the better” he said. Just like you. And sadly, never like me. Keep on inspiring us Wendy. We all can do a lot more than we think we can.

17. You are so talented and a wonderful inspiration….

18. Aunt Colleen says:

A work of art!!

19. I love your sweater. So much. To me the buttonband looks channel islandish. You are truly an inspiration – this is one of my very favorite of your sweaters.. And Loki is an inspiration too – to get me to slow down and relax.

20. Gorgeous! The back shaping is so flattering.

21. Sharen Warren says:

What a beautiful sweater. The design is amazing and so is the knitter! Loki always looks so cuddly😊

22. Charlottewv says:

The Geiger is beautiful! The fine details are entirely too difficult for my limited knitting ability. And sweet purrbabe, Loki is just as gorgeous as ever. ❤️🐾

23. Susan Cawley says:

Beautiful job, Wendy. I have the yarn and the pattern. Any tips you could share would be appreciated. Thanks.

24. Sherry B. says:

Your sweater is SO INCREDIBLE! Thank you for tackling such a beautiful sweater and being able to show us – I would love to see your collection of hand-knit sweaters. I love the comment above: “The more complicated the better” … my Mother is a fabulous knitter of over 70 years. When she would offer to knit me something, or I would ask… I always looked for the more complicated as I did not want her to be bored in the process. And now she knits 75 or more lap shawls a year; she turns 93 tomorrow.