Newlyn Jacket, by Jane Gottelier, knit from Rowan Original Denim, using 3.25mm and 3.5mm needles.

Kenmare, Completed

Well this was a fast and fun knit!

Martin Storey’s Kenmare. knit from Rowan Softknit Cotton on U.S. size 6 and 7 needles.

Softknit Cotton (now sadly discontinued) is the yarn called for in the pattern and I wanted to work in cotton because a worsted weight sweater in wool would definitely be too warm for me to wear the majority of the time. (In answer to a question in the comments — you could, however, easily knit this design in wool if you wanted a warm cozy winter sweater.)

When I completed the front and back, I joined at the shoulders using a three-needle bind-off as directed, and then knit the neckband. An oddity of this pattern is that you knit wee triangular neck gussets separately and sew them in on either side of the neck, then pick up and knit the neckband.

After I completed the neckband, I started on the sleeves. When I had one sleeve done I picked up stitches along the side edge and attached the sleeve via a three-needle bind-off, then picked up the stitches on the other side of the body. That way, as soon as I had the second sleeve done I could immediately attach it since I had the stitches already picked up. Keep the momentum going!

Comments

1. Ruth Porter says:

Beautiful sweater, beautiful cat. However, Loki doesn’t seem to have mastered the concept of momentum. What a sweetheart of a kitty.

2. Dorothy in Kentucky says:

Just gorgeous!!

3. Dorothy in Kentucky says:

Was wondering how I might purchase this pattern? Thank you

4. Beautiful.,. Great job! I’m so inspired by your work Thank you,

5. Chris Reeske says:

The pattern is for sale on Ravelry.com at https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kenmare.
    Wendy,
    Beautiful, I have no Rowan cotton, is there another cotton you know and like that might be used?
    The sweater is lovely and Loki,
    Thanks

6. Mary Lou Keenan says:

The triangles at the neckline are a nice touch. I think they make the shoulders/neck less boxy. You have to be the world’s fastest knitter! Nicely done.

7. Dorothy in Kentucky says:

Hi Chris thank you so much for that info on where to buy pattern.

8. Catherine S. says:

Gorgeous Kenmare, Wendy. I really love everything about this pattern! Tiny triangles add to the charm and the bottom edge anchors the sweater beautifully. How much would I love to see you model this number? Sooooo much! This color with your gorgeous red mane – BLISS! xoxo

9. Charlottewv says:

Beautiful! And Loki is just as sweet as ever. ❤️??