Comfort Fade Cardi by Andrea Mowry, knit from Miss Babs  Kaweah in the Parchment, Old Gold, Petrified Forest, and Espresso colorways, using 3.75mm and 4mm needles.

d’Azur

As you can see, I finished d’Azur.

dazur053110 188x240 dAzur

I did manage to get the sides on each side of the front neck shaping to match pretty well.

dazurneck053110 240x160 dAzur

Here’s a close-up of a sleeve, which is worked entirely in the bottom rib pattern.

dazursleeve0533110 160x240 dAzur

I actually stayed up til about 2:00am to finish it. What can I say — I was on a roll and didn’t want to stop, and since today was a holiday, I didn’t have to get up early. Of course, I have now completely scrambled my sleep pattern so who knows what time I’ll fall asleep tonight. Tomorrow at the office should be interesting . . .

Anyhow, I did sleep a bit late and then spent the morning in household chores. This afternoon I started on this:

newwip053110 240x160 dAzur

Lucy has continued her relaxing weekend.

Lucy053110 240x160 dAzur

Nothing interferes with her sleep schedule!

Comments

1. beautiful.
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..Visiting the frogs =-.

2. BEAUTIFUL!

3. Barb Harger says:

Very nice, Wendy…can you make me one in the same colors??? LOL Just kidding!

4. Barb Harger says:

Forgot to say I may make me one sometime soon.

5. Looks great! The striping turned out really nicely.
    .-= The Unraveled Librarian´s last blog ..Chocolate Chip Cookies =-.

6. Very nice top! The way you managed the yarn to have the green stripes at top and bottom, with the aqua ones in between makes for a great design element. Just finished my first Bombshell, from Big Girl Knits, so I’ve been sort of sharing your progress, lol!

Have a nice Memorial Day nap with Lucy – one of the best things about holiday Mondays.

7. It is well worth the loss of sleep…beautiful…

8. Milinda says:

Very pretty. I love the colors.

9. Ann Rose says:

I like the look of the d’Azur, just enough lace patterning to make it feel very summery and light. Wonder if it might also work in a lightweight wool for fall/spring. I’m with Lucy, nothing should interrupt the sleep schedule — it’s sacrosanct! My kitties, however, have not received that message — sigh.

10. I would have stayed up until all hours too. Really pretty and totally worth a few hour’s less sleep.
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Somebody loan me $10–the ice cream truck is here! =-.

11. The sweater’s lovely!
    .-= Ida´s last blog ..Memories and an FO =-.

12. Socks!!!!

Teddy’s chance to shine!

13. The d’Azur is wonderful! I love the pattern stitch, the yarn, the pattern, and the colors. I want one Right.Now.

Ahem.

The yarn for your next project is intriguing. Cannot wait to see what it becomes!
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..Two words. =-.

14. Nice! I love the colors!
    .-= LaLa´s last blog ..On the Road Again =-.

15. d’Azur is tres magnificent!!! Beautiful work, I love the colors. And I told DH, “see, I’m not the only one who knits at 2am!!!”

Happy Knitting!
    S~
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..ManyhorsesMane has just got back from another 3 mile walk-T-boomers lurk near town but miss us, so far… =-.

16. That’s a wonderful summer top there!

Now to the Kauni, which looks rather Lucy-colored, from the glimpse….Intriguing. And I see the Addi Laces there….ready for …. lace?
    .-= Cathy-Cate´s last blog ..Say It with Flowers =-.

17. LaVelle Nott says:

I love your d’Azur, I don’t suppose it has a plus size pattern. You did a really good job with the knitting and picking out of yarn. It looks great.
    LaVelle

18. Your d”Azur is beautiful- I don’t blame you for staying up until 2 AM. It was worth it!!!
    Your neckline is only purrrfect! Will hav to try this one myself! I bet you won’t have trouble getting to sleep tonight.

19. It looks beautiful! Love the colors and the pattern.

20. Your d’Azur is beautiful. I don’t blame you for wanting to finish and staying up late!
    Your neckline is purrrfect! I will have to try this pattern !I don’t think you will have any trouble sleeping or rather getting to sleep. Just saying!

21. Celestine Getty says:

WOW how beautiful! You did a great job.

22. Your sweater came out so cute. I am a so-so knitter, my thing is quilting, I wish I could take lessons from you!
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..Lady Liberty on Sweet Land of Liberty =-.

23. Peggy Sands says:

Just beautiful. Can’t wait to see a photo of you in it. Wonderful summer sweater.

24. So pretty! You are a knitting wizard! Lucy is lovely, as always.

25. Turned out much nicer than I imagined…very cute, love the capped sleeve!

26. It’s really pretty. And I’m jealous…can’t wear horizontal stripes without looking like I weigh 400 pounds!!! Are you going to model this one for us?
    .-= Ruthie´s last blog ..Hmmmm =-.

27. Dorothy says:

Absolutely beautiful! I love that yarn colour way also!! It is now hot enough to wear!! Lucy is a snuggle bug!

28. Dang you are fast! I was all set to finish a sweater this weekend too (the only thing I’ve worked on for the last two weeks), but after my run I was too tired to do more than read something light and stare off into space. Hopefully this week I’ll get it all finished!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..2:38:43 =-.

29. Lovely, that yarn really works w/that pattern. Must. Make. Soon.
    .-= KathyB´s last blog ..Mole Alert: Unleashing Some Helping Hands =-.

30. SharonB says:

Stayed up late finishing my first pinwheel sweater (Elann’s). Looks more like a spiderweb with extensions per the hubby.

31. Lovely!

32. Lovely!!!
    .-= Laurie´s last blog ..All that matters in the end is how we love… =-.

33. Beautiful! Love the colors!
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..Recovery =-.

34. The sweater is beautiful! Great job! Are you going to do another “Starmore” with the Kauni?

35. Celeste Nossiter says:

It came out beautifully – that yarn worked really well. But now you’re on to kauni, my all-time favorite! Can’t wait to see what you’re gonna make with it – will it be lace?

36. CaroleP (ohio says:

That top is GREAT! The yarn, the colors, the knitter. GREAT!
    Are you giving it away – I want one.