The Shift, designed by Andrea Mowry, knit from Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool, using 3.75mm.

Maidenhair Progress

Progress continues on my Maidenhair Cardigan.

WIP061913 240x160 Maidenhair Progress

At this point I have about 30″ completed for the back. I’m planning to knit to 36″ long, so I still have a bit of a way to go. But the back is getting to be a little unwieldy and non-portable, so today during my lunch break I cast on a sleeve.

Sleeve061913 240x160 Maidenhair Progress

Not much progress there as I never make it very far into my lunch break without being interrupted, but a little progress is better than none.

Thinking ahead, I purchased buttons for this project. I purchased two different styles, so I could compare and contrast!

Option One:

ButtonA061913 240x193 Maidenhair Progress

Option Two:

ButtonB061913 240x229 Maidenhair Progress

Meanwhile, Lucy is on the move!

Lucy061913 182x240 Maidenhair Progress

I can’t decide which one I prefer, but at some point I’ll make a decision.

Comments

1. Savannagal says:

Honest to goodness. I don’t know anybody that knits as fast as you do. I am always amazed at your progress. If you’re taking votes, and I know you didn’t ask, I like the 2nd button better. Both are quite nice though.

2. I’d go with option #2 but that’s me. It speaks to me more than the first one. Also, you have fast mad knitting skills. I hope to be able to knit that fast someday…for now, I just accept that it’s going to take me 7-12 months to knit a pair of socks. Of course, I’m not a monogamous knitter and that’s probably part of the problem…
    Renee Anne´s last blog post ..Y2: Self-Imposed Year of Projects – Update #24

3. Johanne says:

I would use both! I have many projects with 2 or 3 different buttons and I even play with different colours or shapes! I just love it!

4. I’m going to throw my vote to #1 because I think it compliments the snake cables.

5. Annette says:

Option #1… it stands out more.

6. Both buttons are beautiful and I agree with Annett that #1 stands out more – and that is why I am voting for #2 – it blends in more and lets the knitting be the star.

7. I go for option 2, but both are nice

8. Mary E Osborne says:

What a beautiful sweater! I’m divided on the buttons… I like’em both! LOVE THE COLOR of that yarn! luv.m.

9. I am always amazed at how creative you are and at how fast you knit from one post to the next. Regarding the buttons…I would use Option #1. I like the way they compliment the squiggly snake looking thingys/cables. Option #2 is nice but kind of flat looking for a coat with so much great texture. I’m sure you will get lots of input, solicited or not. 🙂

10. It is coming right along…love the celtic button!

11. Patricia says:

Although I like both, I would go with option #1. That one just seems right for the project. The knitting that you do on one lunch would take me two days!

12. HBMalone says:

Number two! And yes, love the colour.

13. Love option two!
    Denise Vitola´s last blog post ..Quitting. Why It Works!

14. Bobbi J says:

I realy like button #2 as it is nice and lets the knitting be the star of the show! Your knitting is absolutely gorgeous. Nobody I know can get as much knitting accomplished as you do. I have been knitting over 60 years and am no where near as good as you. Thank you for sharing. Love Lucy always too!

15. Charlotte says:

Wendy, your knitting skills are absolutely awesome. I wish I had a fraction of the talent you have. I love seeing your beautiful knitted creations that you complete soo quickly! Awesome!! And Lucy is such an adorable little sweetheart.

16. Darlene says:

I really like the idea of different complimentary buttons on one handknit article.

17. I like option 1 too for the way it goes with the snake cables. It is something a little different, but not too much.
    Adrian Seltzer´s last blog post ..Calamity Jane Lobster Tails

18. Joan in Wisconsin says:

Depends on the “look” you want. No. 1 is sort of different and No. 2 is sort of classic. I’d hold each one up and see what looks the best. If you have time, take a photo and see what all your readers have to say! I am also amazed at your speed and talent.

Joan

19. Linda Broglan says:

I like #1, it does seem a good match with the cables .
    Wish I could knit as fast as you!

20. Wonderful knit ! I prefer the first option 🙂
    Dorothée´s last blog post ..Summer knit

21. Hi Wendy,
    You are so-o-o talented! I immediately felt drawn to Button #1 – it seemed to me to be ideal for your varied patterns. I was quite drawn to those for a match to your work…just saying! 🙂 Take Care!

22. i think #2 is the nicer button but #1 would look better with the garment.
    and i really loved the idea of using both than another reader suggested-, very interesting!

23. It looks great! I like option 2 better, but they are both really nice buttons.

24. The sweater is going to be lovely! I vote for button “Two”.

25. Liz in Missouri says:

Beautiful, Wendy! LOL – I’m going to throw in a vote for Button #1 for the same reason as stated above – it compliments the large “snake” cable. Big and bold.

26. Martina Norelli says:

I vote for option #1. It has the same ‘vibe’ as your gorgeous hand knit sweater. Option #2 appears more smooth/machine made. Just my take…

27. Lynne in Florida says:

I don’t really like either one of the buttons for this particular cardigan. If I had to choose, I’d go with #1, but both of them are basically curved lines, whereas ‘Maidenhair’ is all about straight lines and sharp angles.

I do believe this is the first picture of Lucy I’ve seen in which she is actually standing on all four feet! And what a gorgeous tail plume she has!

28. I like number 2. I really like the color you chose. Its going to look great!
    Tanya´s last blog post ..Three Key Characteristics of a Smart Social Media Policy

29. linda-kaye says:

Both buttons are great, but I’m leaning toward number 2 because the design is more subtle.

30. Christienne L Stewen says:

As long as you’re showing us – I’d go with Option #1 – I love the traditional Celtic knot of Option #2, but the first one is just that little extra special with the relief / 3D look. Very nice!
    And your knitting as always is impeccable. 😉

31. With all those beautiful the #2 option of the Celtic Knot seems to speak to the knitting pattern. Jus’ sayin;

32. I forgot to say beautiful cables!!!!

33. I like button choice #2. Seems more classic and just a better design!

34. Courtney L says:

They’re both lovely! Does one grip better than the other, or feel nicer on your hand? Maybe it’s easier to choose that way.