Comfort Fade Cardi by Andrea Mowry, knit from Miss Babs  Kaweah in the Parchment, Old Gold, Petrified Forest, and Espresso colorways, using 3.75mm and 4mm needles.

Easy!

First off, the winner of a free copy of 60 Quick Luxury Knits is Carin Glick. Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway!

Second, I finished my easy diagonal scarf.

FO072714 158x240 Easy!

I knit to use up all the yarn, saving a bit to add some fringe at the bottom.

FOCloseUp072714 240x195 Easy!

I taught a colleague how to knit last week, and designed this pattern to be her first project. Since I was writing it up for her, I thought I’d make it available for download on Ravelry as a freebie. So here it is!

Third, it looks like Basil found a little friend!

Basil072714 240x135 Easy!

And fourth, Loki is waiting to “help” me with chores, so off I go!

Loki072714 240x135 Easy!

Comments

1. patricia says:

Thanks for the pattern! Loki must be dusting the table, or keeping it clutter free.

2. Thanks for picking me as the winner of the book; that never happens! I have emailed you with my address. And, thank you for the diagonal scarf pattern.

3. Thanks for the pattern. Kisses to Loki.

4. Esther49 says:

wow, your purple scarf is pretty!

5. Lynne in Florida says:

Rats! I would have liked to have won the lux knits book – oh, well.

Thank you sooo much for the scarf pattern! I really appreciate your generosity in sharing this with all of us.

Tell Loki he did a very good job of dusting that table, and give him a scritch from me, and tell him Chipper says prrrooww.

6. Jackie Bartlett says:

Thanks for the pattern! Any hints on teaching someone to knit would be great!

7. Your scarf is beautiful…I like the blend of the 2 colors…

8. Charlotte says:

Thank you for your new diagonal scarf pattern. Hopefully, I’ll finish your summer shawl this week so I can do it next.
    How do you manage to have a full time job + design & knit sooooo many projects almost simultaneously? You definitely inspire me to try harder with my very, very slow knitting.

9. Charlottewv says:

Thank you so much for the free pattern, Wendy! I continue to be amazed by your knitting and designing skills and how quickly you create such beautiful knitted items. Awesome!! Loki is such a little sweetheart! Thanks again and have a good week!

10. Joan from Wisconsin says:

Thanks very much for the pattern. How wonderful she was able to design already! Loki must have quite a personality. He is so beautiful he should almost be a female…..if I may say so. I will add this pattern to my list of “Things to Knit” which is quite long already! Thanks again.
    Joan

11. Chris Reeske says:

Thanks for the pattern I have some Chroma I think it might look good. Hugs and pets to Loki.

12. Fuego Azul says:

Your scarf is gorgeous! I love the colorway!

13. Thank you for the freebie! I love the colorway.
    Snuggles to Loki!
    Smiles,

14. Leslie F says:

Thank you for the scarf pattern. Your new knitter enabled all of us.

15. Wendy, how did you shuffle around your 2 colorways to begin/end with the same color? Did you use half of the purple, then reattach towards the end? I read through the pattern, trying to determine how far to knit with one or the other. Thanks for your help and the free pattern.