The Shift, designed by Andrea Mowry, knit from Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool, using 3.75mm.

One Sleeve

First things first, the winner of my review copy of  60 Quick Knit Baby Essentials is Linda Emery, who has been emailed. Thanks to everyone who left a comment to be entered in the giveaway.

In Ropewalk news, I have one sleeve completed, and I set it into the armhole and sewed up the side seam on one side.

WIP041515 188x240 One Sleeve

And I have a good chunk of the second sleeve completed.

Sleeve041515 240x167 One Sleeve

So this will be a finished item by the weekend.

So . . . what’s next?

You may recall that I taught one of my colleagues to knit last summer. Jennifer has been making great progress and has knit all sorts of things, including a pair of toe-up socks. She is just finishing up a project so I have encouraging her to take on a sweater. We decided we’ll both make the same sweater: Boxy, by Joji Locatelli.

We are both doing the seamed version — me because, well, you know how I feel about seams in sweaters. Jennifer, so she can learn how to seam a sweater.

Jennifer is making her Boxy from Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the “Dust Bowl” colorway.

Madtoshmerino041515 240x179 One Sleeve

I am making mine in Handmaiden Mini Maiden in the “Polar Sea” colorway.

minimaiden041515 240x226 One Sleeve

We have both done our gauge swatches, so we’ll be ready to cast on at a moment’s notice!

In other news . . .

A certain sweet little boy has his fourth birthday tomorrow.

Loki041515 209x240 One Sleeve

Comments

1. Happy Birthday Loki!

2. Happy Bday, Loki – no wonder he looks big and fluffy. The Boxy sweater looks interesting – a great layering piece.

3. Looks like a fun knit-along.
    Happy birthday Loki!
    Kristen´s last blog post ..Baby and baby sweater

4. That cat pose made me laugh out loud!!

5. Cathie Jones says:

I am so in love with the center design on Ropewalk. Wish I was accomplished enough to be able to open it down the front. It’s rarely cool enough here to wear a pullover.

Happy Birthday Loki!

6. Venice Smith says:

Happy birthday, Loki!

7. Wendy TC says:

Happy birthday, Loki. You are one handsome and fortunate boy to live in such a loving household.

8. Happy Birthday, Loki!! Enjoy some special kitty treats!

9. Happy Birthday, sweet Loki!!

10. Lestersmama says:

Happy, happy B’day, Loki!

11. Oooh, Boxy, I’ve thought about that one, I’ll be interested to read your commentary about it.
    Happy Birthday sweet Loki!

12. Charlottewv says:

I just want to wish sweet Loki a Very Happy Birthday! I hope this is your best year ever, filled with ❤️’S and PURRS! ❤️

13. Love the sweater projects! Happy birthday, sweet kitty!

14. Wow…Loki looks like he’s all up and ready for a celebration! 🙂 I really love your ropewalk and would love to see it on you when you are finished.

15. Midnite Baker says:

Loki, place your birthday cake order for a “tuna cake”. You’ll love it, but Mom might not take too kindly to cleaning the litter box. LOL!! And, it looks like you need another tummy rub with a chin scratch. Have a good one. M

16. In our house, kitty birthdays are rotisserie-chick-from-the-deli occasions! (And Boxy’s in my knitting queue as well…)

17. Shirley Gallagher says:

Happy Birthday sweet, beautiful Loki. I like the boxy sweater too, it would make a good layering piece.

18. Happy birthday Loki! Today (April 16th) is my birthday too. I hope you get toys and catnip for your birthday.

19. Mary Tole says:

I couldn’t let the day go by without wishing a very special boy a very Happy Birthday. Loki, you’ll have to let us know what all you got for your special day.

20. A very special Happy Birthday to your very special Birthday Boy! If reincarnation is a real thing, I want to come back as someone’s very special feline furry friend. Snorgles & tummy rubs to master Loki. I have been trying to get my DD interested in knitting for years, just doesn’t take.
    CeltChick´s last blog post ..THERE you are!

21. Martina N says:

Well, clearly you are a very good mother! You’ve really brought out the foofy in Loki! I’m also looking forward to your comments/progress on Boxy. I think everyone but me is knitting one now!

22. Your co-worker is so lucky to have you for a teacher!

23. Kristine M. says:

Happy birthday, Loki!

24. That Polar Sea yarn is absolutely gorgeous! Can’t wait to see that worked up.

25. Happy Birthday Loki! Love the yarn colors

26. Denise Wessman says:

Love your sweater!!! You are inspiring me to knit one. Boxy looks awesome. I’m currently working on Joji Imagine when shawl. Love her patterns. i can’t wait to see your progress. Both yarns are gorgeous.

27. Happy birthday to Loki! Love that sweater!!
    Karen´s last blog post ..Intarsia Knitting and Observation Journaling

28. I guess it’s not too late to say Happy birthday to Loki!

29. Happy birthday Loki! You are one gorgeous cat.