Aspen, designed by Michele Wang, knit from Elsa Wool Woolen Spun Worsted Weight Cormo

Happy Birthday, Loki!

Today is my sweet boy’s sixth birthday!

Loki041617 240x180 Happy Birthday, Loki!

So far today, he has had his little nose kissed several thousand times and has been told what a good boy he is around 100,000 times.

I did very little knitting over the past week. What I’ve been up to (among other things):

FelicitysDress041617 233x240 Happy Birthday, Loki!

A dress for Felicity!

Felicity041617 169x240 Happy Birthday, Loki!

I think she likes it.

And aΒ dress for Molly:

Molly041617 142x240 Happy Birthday, Loki!

Both of these dresses I sewed by hand rather than by machine. More time-consuming, but a lot more satisfying!

In the comments, there was a request to see the fabric I’m going to use to line my Aspen coat. Here it is:

LibertyTanaLawn041617 240x223 Happy Birthday, Loki!

And here are the buttons:

Buttons041617 240x142 Happy Birthday, Loki!

I am working on the last sleeve, so some progress is being made.

Comments

1. Wendy, all your doll dresses are truly wonderful. You have done an incredible job on the dolls and the clothes – those little girls will be so happy. I just love seeing all that you are accomplishing.

2. Those dresses are works of art, they will make some little girl smile.

I love the Liberty – I have that same pattern in pink – I can’t decide what to make with it!

Happy Birthday to Loki – he doesn’t look a day over five. πŸ˜‰

3. Barbara A. says:

Happy 6th Birthday to Loki! I remember when you got him! Your dresses are gorgeous and mind boggling, Wendy! Hand-sewn no less! Amazing!

4. Christiane says:

Happy Birthday Loki. I am sure your mommy gave you very special treat along with the thousand kisses. Your edwardian dress is beautiful and Molly is quite the modern little miss. Just 2 perfect dolls.

5. Your dresses are just darling! My grandma used to make dozens of dresses for all sizes of dolls ~ she loved it as much as you πŸ™‚
    =^β€’^= Happy B-Day Loki =^β€’^=

6. Your dresses are just darling! My grandma used to make dozens of dresses for all sizes of dolls ~ she loved it as much as you πŸ™‚
    =^β€’^= Happy B-Day Loki

7. Dorothy Bunch says:

I cannot believe Loki has lived with you for 4 years! Time flies and he is still so gorgeous! I love the dolls and their dressed. There is nothing more satisfying that hand work. You duo beautiful work

8. Aaaaw, happy birthday, Loki!
    The doll dresses are beautiful- and handsewn? Wow!
    Great choice of fabric and buttons for your Aspen.

9. Sophy0075 says:

Colonial Williamsburg needs you, and Felicity can prove it!

Happy Birthday, Loki. I don’t think you are loved on enough;)

10. Annette Dufek says:

Happy Birthday, Loki!

Kisses from everyone!!!

11. Happy Birthday Loki. You are a handsome boy.
    Wendy, your doll’s clothes are beautiful.

12. Shirley Gallagher says:

Happy Birthday beautiful Loki. Your bring you Mamma inspiration, as evidenced by the amazing dresses she makes.

13. Happy Birthday Loki! As the “Go to” Granma for dolls clothes I find that hand sewing is best for producing exactly what is requested, and you have done a beautiful job :>)

14. Happy Birthday, Loki! πŸ™‚ >^..^<

15. Happy Birthday, Loki;O)) The dresses are really something else. Your mama is so talented!

16. Happy Birthday Loki!! πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ

17. Leslie Fischgrund says:

Happy Birthday, Loki!

Love the “other parts” of your Aspen coat, and am looking forward to seeing it assembled.

The doll clothes continue to be impressive.

18. Those dresses are just lovely! very inspirational.

19. stacy Little says:

Wow Wendy I love the dresses! I’m with you, I am making a quilt for Em (she’s about to turn 20) and hand piecing it all. Much more rewarding.

Happy Birthday Loki!!
    Love ya
    Stacy

20. Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy! Here’s 6 more cat kisses for you X X X X X X

The dresses are gorgeous, truly beautiful. I am happy you are having fun making them, and you are spreading happiness far and wide too.

21. Lynne S. says:

Fantastic doll dresses, Wendy! And a belated Happy Birthday, Loki!