Aspen, designed by Michele Wang, knit from Elsa Wool Woolen Spun Worsted Weight Cormo

Knitting Again

After a long hiatus, I picked up Aspen and am close to finishing it!

WIP051417 180x240 Knitting Again

I am knitting the front bands, and I have just a few more rows to go. Once that is done I will need to set in the sleeves and sew up the side seams, then construct and insert the fabric lining I am planning.

We have had a cold snap this weekend so knitting the 500+ stitches of the bands and collars with the body of the coat draped over me has not been unpleasant!

Since I’ve been knitting this week, I’ve not done too much sewing. But here is what I completed in the past couple of weeks.

ComboFront051417 180x240 Knitting Again

Elizabeth is modeling a set of “combinations” — an all-in-one Victorian undergarment. I actually made two of these. Here is the back view:

ComboBack051417 180x240 Knitting Again

I think they are just so stinkin’ cute! I’m planning on making a Victorian dress and apron that a little servant girl would wear, so the combinations are perfect underwear for that outfit.

Next up:

Overalls051417 148x240 Knitting Again

A pair of overalls and gingham checked blouse, modeled by Maddie.

Then Maddie traveled back in time to the 18th century:

Outlander051417 180x240 Knitting Again

This is her “Outlander” outfit and I love this. This is by far the nicest doll outfit I have sewn. It fits beautifully and I just love everything about the design.

Then back to the 20th century:

Jacker051417 224x240 Knitting Again

Elizabeth is wearing her new shearling jacket.

I do have more doll clothes in progress but sewing is taking a back seat until Aspen is done.

Loki says:

Loki051417 240x184 Knitting Again

“Happy Mother’s Day!”

Comments

1. Mary Lou Keenan says:

What lovely creations! I can’t wait to see the finished sweater. The doll clothes are amazing!

2. Tiffanie says:

Awww, Loki is the sweetest! And you are amazing with a sewing needle. Such beautiful dolls and clothes, such lucky girls who will enjoy them. 🙂

3. Those doll clothes are amazing. You must have a terrific machine because it can’t be easy on the ol’ needle sewing through faux shearling.

And Loki has the cutest nose of cute kitty noses!

4. ETA: I switched to my other WordPress account and forgot it has this cute kitty avatar, so appropriate. 🙂

5. I’ve so enjoyed seeing all your beautiful period doll clothes. Are you thinking of publishing any of them?

6. Sophy0075 says:

Your doll clothes and your cabling are both stunning! Wow.

7. You do such a beautiful job on the doll clothes. It is fun to switch to something else for a change. Everything you do is gorgeous.

8. Linda R. says:

Your doll clothes are adorable! I wish I had your passion!

9. Brigitte says:

Aw, I’m glad to see Loki remembered to wish you a Happy Mother’s Day!

Hand sewing is addictive! I got “hooked” when I needed some fabric lining for some handbags I had made. Now I pull out my sewing machine for more than just steeking, and I’ve been exploring embroidery as well.

Is that the pocket detail of one of Aspen’s front pieces in the picture above? I love how the picture shows how almost “invisible” the pocket feature is, by the way the cabling just continues along the front of the piece. If it weren’t for the ribbing at the top of the pocket, it would almost be invisible… I love the yarn choice too, btw.

10. Super cute doll clothes..I’m not big into knitting but have been known to make a few smaller items in the past. I am planning to make one for my mum and your design seems to looks good, i am sure it will look fabulous once it will be finished.. can’t wait to see the finished sweater. So far i have tried knitted pillows. Have a look at the patterns here https://sizzlestitch.com/13-elegant-knitted-pillow-patterns-worth-trying/. I am sure you and your reader would love it.