Benedict, designed by Michele Wang, knit from Rowan Softknit Cotton in the Cocoa colorway, on a U.S. size 6 and 8 needle.

The New Normal

I am entering my fourth week of “house arrest” and it is possible that I am becoming slightly unhinged. Case in point:

I knit myself a coworker.

This is Dolores van Hoofen, Franklin Habit’s longtime sidekick, knit from a kit purchased from Webs. She has been silently judging me ever since.

Then I knit this:

A completely non-functional face mask. It’s a free pattern and a fun little knit, though.

I did make some progress on my Benedict pullover:

I started a sleeve yesterday.

And Loki remains vigilant in his supervision!

I completely missed my blog-i-ver-sary, which was April 1. If my calculations are correct, I’ve had this here blog for 19 years.

Yikes.

Comments

1. I love Delores. She does look a little “judge-y”. LOL

2. Congratulations on your blog-i-versary! Yours is the first one I encountered and began following. Good luck with Dolores!

3. Congrats!! Dolores is awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

4. OMG – I love your co-worker! She is too cute! I saw that mask pattern too. Wonder if it would help at all???? Loki looks as if he has not a care in the world.

5. Wendy- 19 years-Wow! and you continue to amaze me with your beautiful knitting and designs.

6. Wow! Congrats!

7. Christiane says:

Dolores and Loki will help you and have fun with each other. Congratulations on your anniversary. I have love each and every years. Your knitting has been and is as always magnificent. Have you counted how many items you have made in these years?

8. Linda Yancy (annalilly) says:

I love Delores! What a good work companion. I’m sure that soon you’ll have each other in stitches. (Okay that was kinda dumb.) Also want to congratulate you on 19 years of successful blogging, besides all the books, patterns, advice, and giveaways. You are actually the only blogger I follow, and I look forward to reading about what you’ve been doing each week. Stay safe and well.๐Ÿ˜บ

9. Congratulations on your blogiversary. I have been a follower for many of those years and you are totally inspiring. I particularly love textured sweaters like Benedict , really beautiful.

I love Dolores and Loki is as ever, completely adorable. Stay healthy and safe.

10. Bluetoespinner says:

Congratulations on your Blog-aversary! Dolores is so fun!

11. Dorothy in Kentucky says:

Delightful!! I think we are all a little crazy right now!!

12. Happy anniversary . Thank you for inspiring us . I have been so inspired i bought your lace and sock books.๐Ÿ˜Š I love when you post and i love seeing what you are creating.

13. Wow 19 years of sharing with us! Thanks so much. How does Loki like sharing you with Delores? Your Benedict sweater is awesome, even sleeveless.

14. Maybe knit a ‘Wilson’ volleyball to go with Dolores?

I had wondered about knitting a mask, knowing it wouldn’t be functional, but wondering if a non-knit insert behind it would work and be comfortable.

15. 19 years deserves hearty congratulations!

16. Kris Peters says:

Congratulations on your blog-a-verdant and you delightful new coworker!

17. You have been a busy beaver. Love the knitted animal. I know what you mean. I’ve been in for a few weeks also. Don’t mind it too much I find plenty to do. I have a lot of outlets I like to do. I really hope other people do too. The sweater is a beauty. Your amazing in the knitting dept. Stay safe and healthy.x0

18. poodletail says:

19 years! What an accomplishment, Wendy. Thank you for inspiring and teaching me all these years. Congratulations! xo

19. Thanks Wendy. The cats its always been about the cats! But you are one accomplished knitter!

20. Congrats on your blogiversary, Thinking of using bulky wool for that mask rather than fiddling with enlargement issues – in order to felt it to increase the impermeability. Fit might be an issue. Plus warm weather is coming and Iโ€™m sure hot wool might not be so comfy. But worth a try. There are plenty of other good mask- making ideas out there, but I am stuck on this one. Chloe

21. Lynne S. says:

Late Happy Blogiversary, Wendy! 19 years! Thanks! Keep safe! Keep sane! All that!

!!! Can’t seem to stop exclaiming! Sorry!

22. Barbara R says:

19 YRS !!! WOW Stay safe

23. Happy belated blogivdersary! Delores is adorable!