Long Line Slipover designed by Lesley Stanfield, knit from Jamieson & Smith Jumperweight and Jamieson’s Shetland Spindrift  on a US 3 needle

Finished

Finished, actually, last weekend:

As I mentioned in my last post, I used charts from a design from an old book (Traditional Knitting from the Scottish and Irish Isles, edited by Debbie Bliss) to create this sweater. The original is a sleeveless v-neck vest designed by Lesley Stanfield. I used both Jamieson & Smith and Jamiesons of Shetland yarn as I couldn’t find all the colors in one or the other brand.

I’m very pleased with how it turned out — I managed to get the sleeves looing like they match the body.

Next up . . . a non-fairisle project!

And Loki is having a busy day.

Comments

1. Jacinta says:

Beautiful work💕

2. Wow, this is beautiful. I love the color combinations, and the interplay of motifs is wonderful. Enjoy wearing it!

3. LauraRN says:

Stunning-as is everything you do. (Do you have a separate apartment to store all the sweaters you’ve made over the years?)

4. Venice Guntharp says:

This is one of the prettiest! I love this. Kudos on those gorgeous sleeves!

5. Monica Cortada says:

Wow! That’s amazing! I’m so impressed that you are confident about changing the pattern from a vest to a pullover. I also didn’t know that the two Jamieson yarns are interchangeable. Do you have somewhere in the DC area that you can go and look at the yarns?

6. Monica C. says:

Love the bottom hem design! Your fingers must be sore after all that.

7. So beautiful Wendy! 😍

8. That sweater is amazing and stunning and gorgeous! Fabulous!

9. Dorothy Bunch says:

Absolutely stunning!!

10. That one turned out really well. Might be fun to see the pattern effect when it’s worn.

11. Really pretty. Looks so complicated! Loki looks not quite as impressed:-((

12. Lovely! Like a brocade or something from medieval times.

13. Sharen Warren says:

Stunning! Of course your sleeves match… this is a Wendy D. Johnson creation :-). Thanks for continuing to keep us inspired by your knitting.

14. Elaine in NYC says:

Simply maaahvelous, as usual!