Stornoway, designed by Alice Starmore from her book Fishermen’s Sweaters, knit in Frangipani 5-ply guernsey wool in the Aran colorway, on a 3.0mm needle.

HANA Progress

Thanks for all the nice congratulatory comments re: my retirement. It still feels like I’m just on leave, but it has been just a little over a week!

I’ve made some nice progress on my HANA pullover. I finished the back, and I’m on the last section of the front.

A somewhat awkward photo, hanging off my coffee table!

Once I have the front completed, I think I’ll join front and back and maybe do an i-cord around the neck opening. I am thinking I’ll pick up stitches and do a three-needle bind-off for the shoulder seams.

Then it will be onward to the sleeves!

Meanwhile, Loki has taken to retirement very nicely!

It’s about time we retired!

Comments

1. Christiane says:

Congratulations on your retirement. All that free time for knitting more beautiful items. The Hanna pullover is so beautiful.

2. Great pictures of your project and also of “Mr. Fluff”!

3. Elaine in NYC says:

Amazing stitch definition!

4. Monica Cortada says:

Love the cables for ribbing. Nice twist (pun intended 😊).
    Now that you’re retired and cool weather is predicted in about a week, what’s the comfiest sweater you’ve knit?

5. Congratulations on your retirement.

It’s lovely to see your wips on the blog. Always amazing.

6. Linda Yancy says:

Difficult to distinguish Loki from the sheepskin. I’m sure he’s enjoying the cushiness.
    Can’t wait to see how the Hana sweater turns out. (And a picture of it whole…)

7. Sharen Warren says:

Hana looks like quite a challenge, which I’m sure you enjoy. Do you have some fun planned for your retirement.

8. Barbara Runcie says: